Greek Chicken Kabobs are a great way to cook your chicken and veggies together. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This easy Greek Chicken Kabobs is loaded with flavor. The chicken and veggies cook tender, juicy and so delicious. It is easy grilled chicken recipes and perfect to feed my large family.
Kabobs can be made in a variety of ways. If you love this chicken kabob recipe, you should try this Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
The combination of the spices and oil makes the Greek Marinade so delicious. Any time we grill out for the summer, we make these kabobs. They are healthy, delicious and cook perfectly on the grill.
If you are looking for a crowd pleasing meal, make Greek Kabobs.
For the Chicken and Marinade
- Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cloves Garlic, minced
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste.
For the Kabobs:
- Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Large Red Onion, cut into chunks
- Zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Wooden or metal skewers
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Change Meat – We used chicken breast for these kabobs but you can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenders. You can also use beef, lamb, or pork.
- Marinade – Feel free to change the ingredients to the Greek Marinade. Add in red wine vinegar, Greek Yogurt, or fresh herbs.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Step 2 – Add chicken cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate chicken. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Step 3 – Prepare bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers.
Step 4 – Grill and cook kabobs for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender directly on grill grates. Serve fully cooked kabob with your favorite sides.
- Chicken: Using boneless, skinless chicken breasts ensures quick cooking and easy eating. Thighs can be used for more moisture and flavor but may require slightly longer grilling. Make sure to cut in about the same bite-sized pieces.
- Skewer Tips: If using wooden skewers, soaking them in water prevents burning. Metal skewers are a reusable alternative that conducts heat, potentially speeding up the cooking process.
- Grill: Keeping the grill at a medium-high heat allows for a good sear on the outside of the chicken while cooking it through without burning. Turn the kabobs regularly for even cooking.
- Cooking Methods – Feel free to cook these Greek Chicken Skewers on a grill pan or on a baking sheet in the oven.
These Greek Chicken Kabobs are a complete meal but you can also add an easy grilled side dish to complete the meal. Serve over a Greek Salad or with a side of Pita Bread.
Serving it with a side of Tzatziki Sauce for dipping is always a great idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. The kabobs will stay fresh for up to days.
Yes, you can freeze these chicken Greek kabobs. Store them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve again, allow the kabobs to thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave or in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
More Easy Kabob Recipes
- Grilled Beef Kabobs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Blackstone Beef Kabobs Recipe
- Best Steak Kabobs
We love hearing from you. If you make this Greek Chicken Kabob Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Greek Chicken Kabobs
For the Chicken and Marinade:
For the Kabobs:
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- Wooden or metal skewers
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add chicken cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers.
- Grill kabobs for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe