Quick and easy Blackstone Blackened Shrimp Tacos is a delicious weeknight meal. Loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Recipe for Blackened Shrimp Tacos:
If you love Shrimp Tacos then you are going to love this Blackened Shrimp Tacos. The blackening seasoning gives the shrimp so much flavor and is easy to make.
This is the perfect meal for busy weeknights when you forgot to set something out. The Blackstone Griddle cooks the shrimp quick and easy and taste amazing piled high in a tortilla.
Adding the coleslaw mix gives the shrimp tacos a light and refreshing flavor. The next time you are looking for a easy meal to make, make these shrimp tacos. They are the perfect Taco Tuesday meal.
What type of Shrimp do you use?
When we make these shrimp tacos, we use large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We prefer the shrimp that has been already been peeled and deveined. But you can also buy them without this done.
If you prefer, you can also buy the precooked shrimp. Then heat them on the griddle and add in the seasoning. I have done it both ways and they both turn out amazing.
Ingredients for Blackened Shrimp Taco Recipe:
For the Shrimp:
- Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- Avocado Oil (divided)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Kosher Salt
For the Slaw:
- Coleslaw Mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- Green Onions (sliced)
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Black Pepper
Make the Tacos:
- Corn Tortillas (6 inches)
- Crumbled Cojita Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
How to Cook Blackened Shrimp on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Mix Seasoning – Mix together the seasoning for the shrimp in a small bowl. Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Toss Shrimp with seasoning – Coat the shrimp with 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Then add in the seasoning mixture and toss to coat the shrimp with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 3 – Heat Oil – Preheat the Blackstone grill over high heat (approximately 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit). Spread the remaining avocado oil onto the grill.
- Step 4 – Add shrimp to grill – Add the shrimp and tortillas in a single layer on the grill.
- Step 5 – Cook Shrimp – Cook the shrimp and the tortillas for 2-3 minutes per side. Cook until the tortillas are browned slightly and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Step 6 – Rest Shrimp – When cooking the shrimp, let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Do not move it to get a nice blackened coating on each side of the shrimp.
- Step 7 – Combine Slaw Ingredients – Mix together the slaw ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Step 8 – Make Tacos – Then it’s time to build the tacos with shrimp and coleslaw mixture.
- Step 9 – Assemble the Tacos – Divide the shrimp and slaw evenly between the tortillas.
- Step 10 – Add toppings – Top the tortillas with the fresh cilantro and cojita cheese.
- Step 11 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I Make Blackened Shrimp Tacos on the Stovetop?
Blackened Shrimp Tacos can easily be made on the stovetop. We recommend cooking in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Coat the skillet with vegetable oil or olive oil before cooking shrimp.
You can also cook in a regular skillet or pan. Season the shrimp as the recipe indicates and cook until fully cooked. Place the shrimp in the tortillas and add your favorite toppings.
How long does Shrimp Cook on the Blackstone:
Cooking raw shrimp on the Blackstone does not take long. Once you place the shrimp on the hot griddle, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. We recommend allow the shrimp to completely cook for about 2 minutes before flipping.
Allowing the shrimp to cook, creates the perfect crust from the blackened seasoning.
Can you use Frozen Shrimp?
We used fresh shrimp in this recipe. But if you prefer to buy frozen shrimp, make sure to allow the shrimp to thaw.
To thaw shrimp, place the shrimp in a colander and run water over it to thaw. This will take about 15 to 30 minutes. You can also place the shrimp in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- Choosing Shrimp – Feel free to buy shrimp from the meat market or buy frozen shrimp. There are many to choose from.
- Seasoning Shrimp – Make sure to thoroughly oil and season the shrimp. This gives the shrimp so much flavor.
- Grilling Shrimp – When grilling the shrimp, allow the shrimp to cook without moving over medium heat. This helps to create the blackened texture on the shrimp.
- Oil – In this recipe we used avocado oil to cook the shrimp in. But any high point oil works on the griddle. You can use extra virgin olive oil for a delicious option.
- Change the Fish – If you love the blackened seasoning as much as we do. You can use it on different types of meat. Try it on Mahi Mahi, Cod, or any white fish.
- Seasoning – We love making homemade blackened seasoning as we can easily change the ingredients. But you can also just buy it at the store. Feel free to add in chili powder or brown sugar to slightly change the flavor.
- Toppings – We love the coleslaw mixture to top the shrimp tacos. But you can easily top it with shredded lettuce or red cabbage. Squeeze fresh lime juice with lime wedges and cotija cheese before serving.
- Cajun Seasoning – Blackened Seasoning blend is similar to cajun seasoning and is delicious on these tacos.
- Greek Yogurt – For a light option to the coleslaw mixture, you can substitute the mayonnaise for Greek Yogurt.
- Serving – This recipe is great served with a side of cilantro lime rice and refried beans. Loaded with delicious spices and fresh herbs.
- Tortillas – We used corn tortillas in this recipe, but you can also use flour tortilla. There are many different types of tortillas that you can buy now that meat you diet restrictions.
How to Store Leftovers:
These tacos are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Instead of making tacos, you can top the blackened shrimp on salad.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Blackened Shrimp Tacos:
Blackstone Blackened Shrimp Tacos
For the Shrimp:
For the Slaw:
For the Tacos:
- 12 Corn Tortillas 6 inches
- 1 cup Crumbled Cojita Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Mix together the seasoning for the shrimp in a small mixing bowl. Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
- Coat the shrimp with 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Then add in the seasoning mixture and toss to coat the shrimp with the seasoning mixture.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over high heat (approximately 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit). Spread the remaining avocado oil onto the grill.
- Add the shrimp and tortillas in a single layer on the grill.
- Cook the shrimp and the tortillas for 2-3 minutes per side until the tortillas are browned slightly and the shrimp is cooked through. When cooking the shrimp, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and do not move it to get a nice blackened coating on each side of the shrimp.
- Mix together the slaw ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Then it’s time to build the tacos.
- Divide the shrimp and slaw evenly between the tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with the fresh cilantro and cojita cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Blackstone Hibachi Shrimp Recipe
- Blackstone Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Blackstone Recipe