Blackstone Garlic Butter Chicken is a tender chicken recipe that is seasoned with garlic butter. It is delicious and cooks perfectly on the griddle.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe:
We love making chicken on the Blackstone. This garlic butter chicken breast is so flavorful and the recipe that you will be making weekly. You only need a few simple ingredients to give your chicken breast so much flavor.
Seasoning the chicken with this easy ingredient garlic butter gives your chicken a burst of flavor. The chicken cooks evenly on the Blackstone. The results are a chicken that has the perfect texture but still juicy on the inside.
You can easily complete this meal with many different sides. Add a side of pasta, roasted vegetables or a salad for a complete meal idea. This meal is perfect for a weeknight meal or perfect for a crowd.
Blackstone Butter Garlic Chicken:
Make Blackstone Butter Garlic chicken for your next weeknight meal. We love to make this recipe with chicken breast but you can easily use chicken tender or chicken thighs.
If you are using chicken breast, feel free to pound them thin so they cook evenly on the griddle.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 6 filets)
- Avocado Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Unsalted Butter
How to Make Garlic Butter Chicken on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Oil the Griddle – Put the avocado oil on the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Step 3 – Add chicken breast to griddle – Place the filet chicken breasts on the griddle. Then season them with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Step 4 – Cook Chicken – Allow them to cook for 4-6 minutes until browned. Flip the chicken, cook for 5-6 more minutes. Cook time may vary depending on how thick your chicken is. Then top each of the chicken breasts with the minced garlic and pats of butter.
- Step 5 – Continue Cooking – Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the chicken from the griddle and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
How to Cook Garlic Butter Chicken on the Stove:
Cooking chicken on the skillet is an easy to way to cook chicken breast indoors. We recommend using a cast iron skillet to cook chicken. The texture and the flavor of the chicken will be similar to when it is cooked on the griddle.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature to ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving. Cooking chicken on a skillet takes about 15 minutes
Garlic Butter Ingredients:
When we made this recipe we added the garlic butter ingredients directly on the chicken breast. But if you prefer you can combine melted butter with the Italian seasoning with the minced garlic in a bowl.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can baste this mixture onto the chicken for a delicious dish.
Feel free to add in fresh herbs to your garlic butter recipe. We recommend fresh parsley, basil or rosemary. You can even add in some fresh parmesan, squeeze in fresh lemon juice and chili powder for an extra spice.
What to Serve with Butter Garlic Chicken:
This easy recipe can be served with many different side dishes. The good thing about using the Blackstone Griddle, I can cook my sides directly on the griddle which means easy cleanup.
- Blackstone Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe – When we make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus everyone loves it. There is something about bacon wrapped around a vegetable that makes everything taste better. This recipe is simple to make and packs so much flavor.
- Blackstone Glazed Carrots Recipe – We love making recipes on our Blackstone Griddle. This Blackstone Carrots Recipe is loaded with flavor because of the easy ingredient glaze. The brown sugar and butter enhances the natural sweetness from the carrots to make an easy side dish.
- Green Beans with Bacon Blackstone Recipe. – If you are looking for an easy side that doesn’t take long to cook, make Green Beans with Bacon. This would be the perfect side to bring to any of your gatherings.
- Meat Thermometer – Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked. This ensure that it is cooked to a safe temperature before serving.
- Oil the Griddle – You can use canola oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of the avocado oil in this recipe. We just do not recommend using olive oil as it has a low smoke point.
- Filet Chicken – When cooking chicken on the Blackstone we recommend cooking thin chicken breast. Filet your chicken breast in thin slices.
- Garlic Butter Sauce – Feel free to change the seasoning of your garlic butter sauce. You can add in soy sauce or use garlic powder.
- Golden Brown – Cook chicken until it is golden brown and reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Lime Juice – Once this chicken is done cooking, squeeze lime juice over the top for added flavor.
- Flipping Chicken – We recommend on flipping chicken once on the grill. This allows for the chicken to sear a golden brown on each side.
- Rest Chicken – Before slicing the chicken, we recommend letting the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes. This allows for the juice to lock into the chicken. If you slice the chicken to early the juices release and the chicken could be dryer.
How Long to Cook Chicken on Blackstone:
When preparing your chicken for the griddle, you want to make sure that each chicken breast about the same size. You may have need to filet you chicken or pound it to thin it out.
Make sure to preheat griddle and oil the griddle to ensure that the chicken does not stick. This also creates a nice texture for the chicken.
Place the chicken on the griddle and cook each side for about 4 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to ensure you chicken is cooked thoroughly before serving.
Blackstone Tools Needed:
How do you keep Chicken from drying out:
Chicken is an easy meat to grill, cook indoors, or to cook on the Blackstone. But if it isn’t cook properly the chicken can be tough and dried out.
The key to keeping the chicken tender is cooking on a medium high heat. We also recommend cooking thin slice chicken. Thin slice chicken cooks quicker meaning less time on the grill.
Making sure to not overcook the chicken is key. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
Adding this butter chicken broth sauce also help to keep the chicken juicy and tender. There are many sauces to add to chicken, but this garlic butter one is one of my favorites.
What type of Garlic do I use?
We like using the jarred minced garlic as it is already minced so it makes it easier to add to recipes. But feel free to mince your own garlic or use garlic powder. Fresh or minced garlic will taste better, but use what you have.
Can I use Chicken Thighs for this Recipe?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe. The cooking time may be different so just make sure to use your meat thermometer. The garlic butter sauce will taste amazing on chicken thighs, so use the cut of meat that you prefer.
How to Store:
Storing Garlic Butter Chicken is easy to do. Place chicken in an airtight container for up to days. Place in the refrigerator and use it for multiple meals through out the week.
I like to make individual containers so that it is easy to grab and go as we head out the door. This is my husbands favorite meal to make for lunch. We add some rice and vegetables and he can head out the door.
How to Reheat:
When we are ready to reheat grilled chicken, we place on a microwave safe dish and heat. We start with 30 seconds intervals so that we don’t heat to long.
Heating your chicken to long, will dry it out. You can also place in a baking dish and heat in the oven for about 10 minutes. This is the way we do it if we have a lot of chicken leftovers.
Easy Blackstone Chicken Recipe:
We love cooking chicken on the Blackstone. This quick and easy chicken recipe is flavorful and simple to make. I can have dinner done in less than 20 minutes. The results are tender, juicy chicken that the whole family loves.
This chicken is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or serve to a crowd. The ingredients are simple and you probably already have everything. Serve this chicken with Blackstone vegetables or a side of rice or butter noodles. The options are endless.
If you are looking for a recipe to add flavor to your chicken. This garlic butter recipe is the one to make.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Garlic Butter Chicken:
Blackstone Garlic Butter
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Put the avocado oil on the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Then place the filet chicken breasts on the griddle and season them with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Allow them to cook for 4-6 minutes until browned. Flip the chicken, cook for 5-6 more minutes. Then top each of the chicken breasts with the minced garlic and pats of butter. Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the griddle and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe