If you have leftover shredded chicken, make Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza. This pizza is loaded with flavor and easy to make with a premade pizza crust.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe:
My family loves buffalo chicken and we have made different recipes and this pizza recipe is one of our favorites. It is loaded with flavor and perfect if you have leftover shredded chicken.
The buffalo chicken pizza cooks perfectly on the grill for a quick and easy meal idea. You can even bake in the oven on a sheet pan. Top you favorite pizza crust with buffalo chicken, cheese and more to create a delicious meal idea.
My kids could eat pizza every night so this is the perfect way we change it up. Add a side salad for a complete meal idea. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd.
What is the Best Pizza Crust to Use?
There are many different pizza crust options to make this Buffalo Chicken Pizza with. We used a premade pizza dough that we got at the store, but you can also make homemade pizza dough.
If make homemade pizza dough, you will need to cook it first on the grill and then add your favorite toppings.
- Premade (pre-cooked) pizza crust
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (divided)
- Ranch Dressing
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumbles (optional)
- Green Onions, chopped
How to Make Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine Chicken with sauce – In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the ¼ cup buffalo sauce.
- Step 3 – Spread Mixture – In another bowl combine the ranch dressing and the remaining buffalo sauce. Spread the mixture on the premade pizza crust.
- Step 4 – Add Chicken – Top the pizza crust with the chicken mixture.
- Step 5 – Add Cheese – Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Step 6 – Place on a grill and Cover – Gill over medium/low heat for 8-12 minutes. Cook until cheese is melted and the crust is brown.
- Step 7 – Add Toppings – Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles and green onions over the top.
- Step 8 – Serve hot – Slice pizza on a cutting board, serve and enjoy.
Grilled Pizza Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to preheat grill before placing crust on the grill. You may even need to oil the grill grates to prevent the pizza from sticking.
- Shredded Chicken – This is the perfect recipe to use shredded cooked chicken. Combine with the sauce for a delicious topping.
- Topping the Pizza Crust – Spread the buffalo sauce mixture on the pizza crust. Leave room around the edge of the crust. Add the chicken mixture to the top. Add as much as you want for flavor.
- Grilling the Pizza – Grill the pizza over medium heat or the cheese starts bubbling. Make sure to not to over heat the crust so it will not burn.
- Serving – This pizza is best served hot. Once we remove from the grill, place on a cutting board and slice.
- Cheese – Make sure to shred your own cheese when making this recipe. If you use pre-shredded cheese it may not melt as well or taste as good.
Chicken Buffalo Pizza Recipe Variations Ideas:
- Pizza Crust – We used a premade crust in this recipe. But feel free to make a homemade pizza crust. There are many variations of pizza crust to fit into your diet restrictions.
- Chicken – Use leftover shredded chicken to make this pizza. You can also use buffalo chicken wings or shredded chicken thighs. Make it even easier and use a rotisserie chicken.
- Toppings – Add any toppings you prefer on this pizza. Chopped bacon, red onion and more.
- Cheese – Feel free to use different types of cheese. Mozzarella cheese is great but you can add in pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Drizzle Hot Sauce – Just before serving I like to drizzle with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for added flavor. This also gives the pizza a slight kick in heat.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – Another topping that I love to serve over the top is blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. It cools the pizza and adds so much flavor. You can also serve as a dipping sauce.
Can I Make in the Oven?
Yes, this is the perfect pizza to make in the oven. We usually do, but the grill gives it a smoky flavor.
Place the pizza on a baking sheets and prepare as the recipe indicates. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is a great option when it is to cold to grill outside.
How Long to Cook Pizza on Grill:
Cooking time will vary when cooking this buffalo chicken pizza. Make sure to close the lid on the grill and cook for about 8 minutes. Check the pizza and when the cheese is melted it is finished cooking.
Make sure to grill on low to medium heat so the crust does not burn.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
This pizza is great served with many different side dishes. You can serve as is or choose one of our favorite options.
- Bread Sticks
- Celery Sticks
How to Store Leftovers:
Place the leftover pizza in an air tight container and refrigerate. If stored properly, the pizza will last about 3-5 days. We recommend reheating in the oven or the air fryer to keep the crispy crust.
Print Recipe for Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 12 inch premade, pre-cooked pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles optional
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the ¼ cup buffalo sauce.
- In another bowl combine the ranch dressing and the remaining buffalo sauce. Spread the mixture on the premade pizza crust.
- Top with the chicken.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place on a grill and cover.
- Cook over medium/low heat for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is brown.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles and green onions over the top.
- Serve hot.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe