Grilled Flatbread Pizza is the perfect summertime meal. Grilled pizza is a quick and easy to make your favorite recipe and it is loaded with flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Flatbread Pizza Recipe:
My family loves eating pizza and this grilled flatbread pizza makes it easy to enjoy it at home. The flatbread is toasted on the grill and then topped with your favorite pizza toppings.
This quick and easy pizza is a family favorite. Cooking pizza on the grill gives it the perfect grill marks and smoky flavor. Flatbread has a lot of flavor and it is a healthier option than regular pizza dough.
Take your pizza to the next level with this easy Grilled Flatbread Pizza Recipe. Make it a pizza night and let everyone customize their favorite toppings. Add a salad for a complete meal idea.
Can you cook Flatbread Pizza on the Grill?
Yes, cooking flatbread pizza is a quick and easy way to prepare your pizza crust. Make sure to oil the grates and then place the flatbread pizza on the grill that was heated to medium heat. Allow it to heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until grill marks appear on the flatbread.
Make sure to not leave it on the grill to long to prevent the flatbread from burning. Remove the flatbread from the grill and add your favorite toppings. Then add back on the grill to melt the cheese.
- Pre-made Naan Flatbreads
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
How to Make Flatbread Pizza on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Oil Grates – Rub the grill grates with olive oil.
- Step 3 – Add flatbreads to grill – Place the Naan flatbreads directly on the grill grates. Grill for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and you can see grill marks on the flatbread but it’s not burnt.
- Step 4 – Remove from grill – Carefully remove the flatbreads from the grill and place them on a baking sheet with the grilled side up.
- Step 5 – Top with Sauce – Place two tablespoons of pizza sauce on each flatbread.
- Step 6 – Add cheese and toppings – Then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Step 7 – Add back to grill – Place the prepared pizzas back on the grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes with the lid closed. Grill until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the pizzas are golden brown with grill makers.
- Step 8 – Remove from grill – Remove the pizzas from the grill.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Let them rest for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
How long to Cook Flatbread Pizza on the Grill:
Grilling Flatbread Pizzas is a quick and easy dinner idea. We recommend placing the flatbread on the grill before adding toppings. This gives the flatbread the perfect grill marks and a crispy texture on both sides.
After about 3 minutes remove the flatbread and add your favorite toppings. Then place the flatbread back on the grill, close the lid and allow the cheese to melt. In about 5 minutes your pizza will be done and ready to serve.
Cooking process may vary based on what dough you use and the type of grill you have.
- Flatbread Options – We love the Naan Flatbread but you can use other store bought pizza dough. You can even put homemade pizza dough on the grill.
- Toppings – This is a great base pizza recipe. Each person can create their own personal pizza based on their preferences.
- Oil Flatbread – We recommend brushing both sides of the flatbread with oil to create a crispy crust.
- Pizza Stone – Feel free to place a pizza stone on the grill to grill your pizza.
What to Serve with Flatbread Pizza?
Pizza night is a family favorite meal. When we make homemade, everyone can choose their favorite toppings. I like to keep the sides simple since this pizza recipe is quick and easy.
- Bread Sticks
- Roasted Vegetables
Grilled Flatbread Pizza Tips:
- Grilling Pizza – Allow the flatbread to heat on the grill before adding the toppings. This creates a crispy and delicious base.
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to oil and heat grill prior to putting the flatbread pizza on the grill.
- Pizza Night – When we make these flatbread pizzas, I like to prepare all the pizza toppings in advance. This make it easy to add your favorite toppings once the flatbread has been heated on the grill.
- Cook Time – Cook time may vary once you add the toppings. If you add a lot of cheese or like it a little burnt on top, it could take longer to grill.
- Allow Pizza to Rest – Once you have removed the pizza from the grill, allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
Flatbread Pizza Topping Ideas:
We love a variation of pizza toppings. Feel free to choose your own, but these are some of our favorites.
- Marinara Sauce
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Canadian Bacon
- Black Olives
- Bell Peppers
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
They are similar but flatbread tends to be more thinner and once cooked have a crispier texture.
We recommend heating the grill to medium heat. If you are using a gas grill, I would wait until it reaches 350 degrees before grilling.
Leftover pizza is based to be heated in the oven or back on the grill. You can even air fry the leftovers. Microwaving pizza does not give the crispy crust once it has been reheated.
Grilled Flatbread Pizza
- 6 Pre-made Naan Flatbreads
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni
- Preheat grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Rub the grill grates with olive oil.
- Place the Naan flatbreads directly on the grill grates. Grill for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and you can see grill marks on the flatbread but it’s not burnt.
- Carefully remove the flatbreads from the grill and place them on a baking sheet with the grilled side up.
- Place two tablespoons of pizza sauce on each flatbread.
- Then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Place the prepared pizzas back on the grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes with the lid closed n the grill until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the pizzas are golden brown with grill makers.
- Remove the pizzas from the grill.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Pizza Recipes:
- Blackstone Pizza Calzone Recipe
- Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe