Blackstone Pizza is one of our favorite ways to make Homemade Pizza. The crust is perfectly crunchy, soft and flavorful on the inside. Make tonight Pizza Night.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Pizza Recipe:
Pizza on Blackstone Griddle has become a weekly meal at our house. My family loves pizza and my boys can eat every night if I let them. Since we have been cooking a lot of meals on our Blackstone, pizza was something they requested.
Cooking Pizza on the Blackstone is easy to do. The crust heats to perfection and it comes out just like if we went to a fancy pizza place.
The ingredients are cooked first on the griddle and then once all the toppings are on your pizza then you cook until the cheese is melted. You might also like Blackstone Tortilla Pizza, Blackstone Mexican Pizza, Blackstone Flatbread Pizza or Blackstone Chicken Alfredo Pizza.
Can you do Pizza on a Blackstone?
Yes, you can make pizza on the Blackstone Griddle. Cooking the pizza is easy to do with a simple process. The pizza comes out tasting amazing almost as if you cooked it in a wood burning stove.
The key to getting the crunchy crust and melted cheese is to cover the pizza. This creates a oven like dome over the pizza so that all the ingredients heat up evenly.
Did Blackstone discontinue The Pizza Oven?
Yes, Blackstone has decided to discontinue its pizza oven line. The great thing is that you don’t need to The Blackstone Pizza Oven to make make pizza on the Griddle.
You actually get the same taste cooking the pizza on the griddle.
- Pre-made 12″ Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Red Onion, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Green Bell Pepper, diced
How to Cook Pizza on Blackstone:
- Prepare the Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat approximately 350 degrees F.
- Cook the Sausage – Brown the sausage on the Blackstone and sauté the vegetables until soft and tender (5-6 minutes) on the flat top grill.
- Heat the Pepperonis – Then heat the pepperonis on the Blackstone grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Continue cooking Sausage – Make sure the sausage is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
- Begin Preparing Pizza – Then assemble the pizzas. Spread approximately ⅓ cup pizza sauce on each pre-made pizza crust. Then top with the mozzarella cheese and the toppings. I prepared my pizzas on a cutting board so that it was easy to slide them onto the grill.
- Place Pizza on Griddle – Then slide the prepared pizzas onto the grill. Cover and cook for 6-12 minutes until the bottom of the crusts are golden brown and the cheese on top has melted.
- Heat, Serve and Enjoy – Carefully remove the pizzas from the griddle surface, let them sit for a few minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
What temperature do I cook Pizza on the Griddle?
To make sure the temperature is accurate on the Blackstone Griddle, we like using a temperature gun. It gives you a digital read so that you make sure the griddle is hot enough to place your pizza on it.
You will need the griddle to about 350 degrees before cooking the sausage and vegetables.
More Pizza Topping Ideas:
You can easily top these pizza with any of your favorite pizza toppings. These are some of our favorites:
- Bell Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Italian Sausage
- Various cheese blends for cheese lovers.
- Black Olives
Blackstone Pizza Tips:
- Preparing Pizza – I prepared my pizzas on a cutting board so that it was easy to slide them onto the grill.
- Frozen Pizza – You can cook a frozen pizza on a Blackstone Griddle on a pizza stone. Place pizza on the griddle and cover to heat pizza up.
What to Serve with Pizza?
Can you use Homemade Pizza Crust?
If you are looking to make Homemade Pizza Crust for your Blackstone Griddle, make Homemade Naan Bread. The ingredients are simple and you will cook the pizza dough directly on the griddle.
It doesn’t take long to cook on the griddle and you will have a complete Homemade Pizza.
Tools you need:
Blackstone Pizza is a Easy Dinner Idea:
This Blackstone Pizza is really that easy to make. I know I cheat a little with the pre-made pizza crust, but you could use your own naan pizza crust, you would just need to cook it longer on the grill before adding toppings.
However, I just love this super easy Blackstone Pizza recipe exactly the way it is. My pizza loving son, just loves this pizza and I love how I can serve it with a side salad and dinner is done!
How to Store Leftover Pizza:
Refrigerate any leftover pizzas in an air tight container for up to 5 days. You can even reheat the pizza on the Blackstone Griddle to make the crust crispy again.
How to clean Blackstone Griddle
The Blackstone griddle is actually very easy to clean. See How to Clean Blackstone Griddle for our full tutorial.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Pizza:
- 2 Pre-made 12″ Pizza Crust
- 2/3 cup Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 20 Slices Pepperoni
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Brown the sausage on the Blackstone and sauté the vegetables until soft and tender (5-6 minutes). Then heat the pepperonis on the Blackstone grill for 30 seconds on each side.
- Then assemble the pizzas. Spread approximately ⅓ cup pizza sauce on each pre-made pizza crust. Then top with the mozzarella cheese and the toppings. I prepared my pizzas on a cutting board so that it was easy to slide them onto the grill.
- Then slide the prepared pizzas onto the grill. Cover and cook for 6-12 minutes until the bottom of the crusts are golden brown and the cheese on top has melted.
- Carefully remove the pizzas from the grill, let them sit for a few minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes to try:
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp on the Blackstone
- How to Cook Bacon on a Blackstone Griddle
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger Recipe