Blackstone Pita Pizza is easy to prepare with your favorite toppings. Cook your pizza on the griddle for a crispy crust and loaded with flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
My kids could eat pizza every night so making Blackstone pizza taste just like getting it at our local pizza place. We love making Blackstone Griddle Recipes and making homemade pizza has become a family favorite.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
Anytime my kids have friends over, we make this Blackstone Pita Pizza. The kids can add their favorite toppings for a budget friendly meal to feed a crowd.
We love the way the crust gets crispy and the cheese melts perfectly.
- Pita Breads
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil (chopped)
Scroll to the bottom to see the full list of ingredients and recipe.
We love the way the Pita bread heats and gets crispy on the griddle. But you can also use other types of bread such as naan bread or flatbread.
To make this pizza your own, you can easily top these pizzas with any of your favorite pizza toppings. These are some of our favorites.
- Slice Tomatoes
- Red Peppers
- Bell Peppers
- Shredded Chicken
- Black Olives
- Diced Onions
Make sure to add your favorite seasoning for even more flavor. We love to sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, and brushing the edges with olive oil.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Then assemble the pizzas. Spread approximately ⅓ cup pizza sauce on each pita bread. Then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Step 3 – Then slide the prepared flatbreads pizzas and grill. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes until the bottom of the pita breads are golden brown and the cheese on top has melted. Watch them closely so that they do not burn.
- Step 4 – Carefully remove the flatbread from the grill, top with the fresh basil and let them sit for a few minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
- Preparing Pizza – I prepared my pizzas on a cutting board so that it was easy to slide them onto the grill.
- Cooking Pizza – We recommend covering the pizza with a dome as it helps to melt the cheese and creates a crispy crust.
- Griddle Heats – Make sure to prepare griddle and heat before placing crust on the grill.
Pita Pizza is great served by itself, but I do like to serve with a side salad. It is an easy side dish and that I can prepare ahead of time. You can even serve with a side of Tomato Soup.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate any leftover pizzas in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, place the leftovers on a baking sheet and reheat in the oven. This will keep the crispy and cheese heated. Sometimes I even sprinkle more cheese.
We love hearing from you. If you make this Blackstone Pita Pizza Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Blackstone Pita Pizza
- 6 Pita Breads
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil chopped
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Then assemble the pizzas. Spread approximately ⅓ cup pizza sauce on each pita bread. Then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Then slide the prepared pizzas onto the grill. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes until the bottom of the pita breads are golden brown and the cheese on top has melted. Watch them closely so that they do not burn.
- Carefully remove the pizzas from the grill, top with the fresh basil and let them sit for a few minutes. Then they are ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe