If you are looking for The Best BBQ Chicken Breast then this recipe is for you. The chicken breast are seasoned with a dry rub and then put on the grill. The BBQ sauce that is added really pulls all the flavors together.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast Recipe:
BBQ Chicken Breast is one of my all time favorite meats to grill. Grilled chicken can be eaten in many different ways. On top of salads, on rice, or as a main course.
This BBQ Chicken recipe is great for cookout with friends or a weeknight meal. We like to season the chicken with a simple dry rub and then baste it with barbeque sauce after it has cooked.
I love that this recipe is simple to make and with easy ingredients. In less than 20 minutes, we can be sitting down and enjoying dinner. There is no need for take out when you can make a delicious dinner at home.
Grilled BBQ Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast:
When we grill out chicken, we usually use skinless boneless chicken breast. It is the perfect summertime meat. With the right seasoning and marinate, you chicken breast will be light and full of flavor. We also like grilled out chicken thighs.
Keeping the chicken from getting dry and tough is important when grilling chicken. Follow these tips to cook you chicken properly so that it is tasty.
Cooking chicken is one of the easiest and fastest meat you can cook on the grill. In about 15 minutes you can serve with your favorite sides and your meal is complete.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- BBQ Sauce
How to Grill BBQ Chicken Breast:
- Mix Seasoning Together – Stir together all the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub Dry Rub on Chicken – Then rub this seasoning mixture onto the chicken breasts.
- Prepare Grill for Grilling – Preheat the gas grill to 350 degrees F. Brush the grill grates with olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place Chicken on Grill – Once the grill at high heat, place the chicken on the grill, skin side down.
- Cook Chicken – Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Baste with BBQ Sauce – Brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce. Flip the chicken and brush the opposite side with the BBQ sauce has well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Continue adding BBQ Sauce – Flip the chicken again, brush with more BBQ sauce and cook the opposite side for 3-4 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Rest, Slice and Enjoy – Move the chicken to a breast, let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. We like to slice in bite size pieces so it is easy to serve.
How long to Grill Chicken Breast?
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
When preparing your chicken for grilling, you want to make sure that each chicken breast about the same size. You may have need to filet you chicken or pound it to thin it out.
Grilling chicken doesn’t take long to cook. My husband usually stays close by the grill so he can monitor it. Flipping the chicken after cooking about 5 minutes on each side makes for the juiciest chicken.
How do you know when Chicken is done?
When grilling chicken, we make sure that each chicken is about the same size and thickness. To make sure that our chicken is done, we use a meat thermometer to determine the internal temperature.
For chicken it needs to read an internal temperature of 165 degrees. When making chicken it is very important that it is done before serving.
Some helpful Tips:
- Hot Grill – Make sure your grill is hot. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
Do you put BBQ Sauce on Chicken before Grilling?
To prevent you chicken from burning, it is best to start cooking the chicken before adding the BBQ Sauce. We put the BBQ sauce on about halfway through cooking time. Then we start basting the chicken with BBQ Sauce.
We like it best served with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.
How do you Grill Chicken without drying it out?
The best option I have found to keep the chicken from drying out is to brine the chicken. Brining the chicken is a simple process of submerging your chicken in a bowl of salt water before grilling.
It is also the key in getting great grill marks.
Why is my Grilled Chicken chewy?
Undercooking, Overcooking or leaving your chicken on the grill on in the pan causes the chicken to not be chewy. That is why it is important to have a meat thermometer close by and to watch your chicken closely with grilling.
Especially if the chicken is very thin, it will not take long to cook your chicken.
What to serve with Grilled Chicken?
When we grill out, I try to make sides that I cook on the grill. There are so many options to serve with grilled chicken. Here are some of my favorites:
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil
- Easy Grilled Zucchini Spears
- Grilled Peach Cobbler Recipe
How to Store:
- Make ahead of time – You can season chicken with the dry run and place in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Storing Leftovers – Store any leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Using Leftovers – Use your leftover over chicken in wraps, salads, or with some brown rice. Leftover of chicken make the perfect lunch the next day.
Print Recipe here for The Best BBQ Chicken Breast:
Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
- Stir together all the seasonings in a small bowl. Then rub this seasoning mixture onto the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Once the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill, skin side down.
- Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce. Flip the chicken and brush the opposite side with the BBQ sauce has well. Cook for 3 minutes. Flip the chicken again, brush with more BBQ sauce and cook the opposite side for 3-4 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a breast, let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe