We love adding this dry Chicken Rub Seasoning to our chicken to give it so much flavor. Simple pantry seasoning takes minutes to prepare.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Best Chicken Rub Seasoning:
Cooking chicken is a staple meat that we make often. I love to add this chicken seasoning rub to give the chicken so much flavor. It is made with simple ingredients that can be changed to what you have on hand.
If you are looking for the best chicken rub recipe, you have come to the right place. Adding this seasoning turns a bland chicken into something that the whole family enjoys.
I love making homemade spice blends. I know exactly what I am adding to my dishes and can adjust the seasoning accordingly. There is no need for ingredients that you can’t pronounce. Jazz up your chicken recipe, with this easy dry rub recipe.
You may also love this BBQ Seasoning Recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Seasoning:
- Brown Sugar
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Make a Chicken Rub:
- Step 1 – Combine – Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Chili Powder would also be a good addition to this spice blend.
- Step 2 – Rub over chicken – Rub approximately 1 tablespoon of the rub generously over chicken. You can use this rub on chicken breasts, chicken wings, drumsticks or chicken thighs.
- Step 3 – Marinate Chicken – Let them marinate in the spice rub for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Step 4 – Cook Chicken – Then you can grill, bake or air fry the chicken as preferred.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve and enjoy with your favorite sides.
How Long Should Dry Rub Sit on Chicken?
When applying the dry rub on the chicken, allow time for it to marinate on the chicken. We recommend for at least an hour and up to 12 hours. While the chicken is marinating keep it in the refrigerator.
We love this allow the chicken to marinate overnight and cook it the next day.
How to Store Dry Rub Chicken Seasoning:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Make sure to discard any of the rub that might have come into contact with any of the raw chicken.
How Long does Chicken Seasoning Last:
If stored properly the chicken seasoning will last up to 6 months.
How to Cook Chicken:
After apply the dry up to the chicken and allowing it to marinate, it is now to cook the chicken. You can use this dry chicken rub with any cuts of chicken.
- Preheat grill and oil the grill grates before placing chicken on the grill.
- Cook chicken on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- We recommend staying close by the grill to prevent for overcooking the chicken.
- Always use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is cooked. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place seasoning chicken breast in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Use Meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken:
The options to are endless on what to serve with your Grilled Chicken. These are some of our favorites.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – These slice potatoes are cooked in foil to make a delicious side. You can slice or dice the potatoes to make sure they are the same size.
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – Everything is better wrapped in bacon and these asparagus are so flavorful. My kids will even eat the asparagus without complaining.
- Grilled Pineapple – If you have never grilled pineapple, you are in for a real treat. The pineapple is grilled perfectly and is so flavorful.
Easy Chicken Rub Seasoning:
With just a few different spices, you can easily make simple Chicken Dry Rub seasoning that tastes amazing.
We like to prepare homemade seasoning is part of our weekly meal prep. This way I can easily add these seasoning to my recipes which saves me time and money.
You are going to love having this seasoning to use for all your recipes. It’s easy to have this on hand to save you time and money.
Print Recipe here for Chicken Rub Seasoning:
Chicken Rub Seasoning
- Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub approximately 1 tablespoon of the rub generously over chicken breasts, drumsticks or thighs. Let them marinate in the rub for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Then you can grill, bake or air fry the chicken as preferred.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Seasoning Recipes:
- Freddy’s Steakburger Seasoning Recipe
- Beef Rub Recipe
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning Recipe
- Pork Chop Seasoning Recipe