Blackstone Fried Cabbage is a delicious side dish that easily cooks on the Blackstone Griddle. Simple seasoning makes this cabbage so flavorful.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Fried Cabbage Recipe:
We love making easy side dishes on the Blackstone. This Fried Cabbage Recipe is prepared easily with simple ingredients.
The bacon is chopped and fried in about 3 minutes on the griddle. Add in the chopped onions, chopped cabbage and the seasoning to create a flavorful, healthy side dish.
Cooking the cabbage in the bacon drippings gives it so much flavor that always ends up a crowd favorite side. Serve with all your Blackstone Recipes for easy weeknight meal.
How do you Cut and Fry Cabbage:
Cabbage can be used in many different recipes. We used a green cabbage in this recipe. We easily chopped it following these easy steps on How to Cut Cabbage.
Chop the cabbage and add it to the griddle to create a delicious and flavorful side dish.
- Slices Bacon (cut into small pieces)
- Onion (finely chopped)
- Head Green Cabbage (roughly chopped)
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
How to Make Fried Cabbage on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat a Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Cook the Chopped Bacon – Add the chopped bacon to the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until the bacon starts to cook slightly. Leave the bacon grease on the grill.
- Step 3 – Add the onions – Add in the diced onions. Stir in with the bacon pieces and the grease and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Step 4 – Add in the additional ingredients – Stir in the chopped cabbage. Season the cabbage with salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Step 5 – Cook ingredients together – Toss all the ingredients to thoroughly combine them and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill, serve while warm and enjoy.
Can I Pan Fry Cabbage?
Yes, this fried cabbage can easily be made indoors if you do not have a Blackstone. You can use a regular skillet, but we like making in a cast iron skillet. This cooks similar to how the Blackstone cooks the cabbage.
Cook southern fried cabbage in a skillet over medium heat as the recipe indicates. Frying cabbage in the skillet less than 5 minutes. This makes it perfect for a quick side dish any baked recipes.
- Cook Bacon – I like to cook the bacon on the griddle so I can cook the cabbage in the bacon grease. Fried cabbage with bacon is a delicious recipe with all the ingredients combined.
- Onions – Prepare the onions on the griddle and cook in the bacon grease. Then add in the remaining ingredients so all the flavors combined to give the cabbage flavor.
- Sautéed Cabbage – It only takes about 5 minutes to cook the cabbage tender. Watch the cabbage closely so that it doesn’t overcook.
- Cut the Bacon – We recommend cutting the bacon on a cutting board with sharp knife.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning in this recipe. You can use minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Add in Meats – The bacon is great for cooking with the other ingredients. But feel free to add in other meats. We recommend smoked sausage or corned beef for added flavor.
- Bacon – We used regular bacon in this recipe, but you can use turkey bacon if you prefer. If there is not much bacon grease, you may need to add some butter or oil to cook the cabbage in.
- Serving – When serving the fried cabbage, you may need to use a slotted spoon to drain the excessive grease.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This side dish is great with many different dish. We like to prepare and place in individual containers for an easy lunch the next day.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Fried Cabbage:
Blackstone Fried Cabbage
- Preheat a Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Add the chopped bacon to the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until the bacon starts to cook slightly. Leave the bacon grease on the grill.
- Add in the chopped onions. Stir in with the bacon pieces and the grease and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the chopped cabbage. Season the cabbage with salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Toss all the ingredients to thoroughly combine them and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Remove from the grill, serve while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Side Dishes:
- Hibachi Blackstone Vegetables Recipe
- Blackstone Zucchini and Squash Recipe
- Blackstone Smashed Tator Tots Recipe