Blackstone Reuben Sandwich is a classic recipe that is made on the griddle. Easy ingredients makes this sandwich so flavorful.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Best Reuben Sandwich Recipe:
We love making recipes on the Blackstone. The food cooks quickly, easily and the flat top gives it such delicious flavor. This Reuben Sandwich is a classic recipe that cooks quickly and is made with simple ingredients.
Slice corned beef is cooked a few minutes on the griddle and then topped on rye bread and sauerkraut. Add a slice of cheese to create a cheesy, delicious sandwich that is always a family favorite.
If you are looking for an easy Reuben Sandwich recipe, make this one. You can prepare on the griddle or on the stovetop for a quick lunch or dinner idea.
What is Reuben Sandwich?
This Reuben Sandwich is a classic recipe that easily cooks on the Blackstone. Rye bread is toasted on the griddle and topped with drained sauerkraut. Slice corned beef and heated and then topped on the sauerkraut.
Slice cheese is then added to create a cheesy sandwich. Change up your classic Reuben Sandwich and make it on your Blackstone.
- Rye Bread
- Slices Swiss cheese
- Corned Beef (cooked and sliced)
- Sauerkraut (drained)
- Thousand Island Dressing
How to Make Reuben Sandwich on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Butter Bread – Butter one side of each of the pieces of bread with the butter.
- Step 3 – Top with Dressing – Spread some of the thousand island dressing on half of the bread slices. Spread on the opposite side of the butter.
- Step 4 – Add bread to griddle – Place all the slices of bread (butter side down) on the grill. Top two slices of the cheese on half of the pieces.
- Step 5 – Top bread with Sauerkraut – Place the drained sauerkraut on the other pieces of the bread.
- Step 6 – Cook Corned Beef – In a separate spot on the grill, spread out the sliced corned beef. Cook for a few minutes until the beef is golden brown and crisp (2-3 minutes). Flip and cook the other side of the beef as well.
- Step 7 – Place Corned Beef on bread – Divide the corned beef evenly into 4 sections. Place each one of the bread with the sauerkraut. Top with the other pieces of bread as cheese melts.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill, cut in half and serve warm. Enjoy!
Can I Make on the Stovetop?
Yes, you can make this delicious Reuben Sandwich on the stove top. You can make on a griddle or a skillet. We like using a cast iron skillet as the results are similar to cooking on the griddle.
- Prepare your skillet by heating and adding butter.
- Place the Rye bread on the skillet and spread the dressing on the side of each slice.
- Top the bread with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Heat the corned beef and then add to the toasted bread.
- Serve and enjoy.
What does it taste like?
This Reuben Sandwich is cheesy, sweet and delicious. This is a hearty meal that can get a little messy when eaten. But it is worth it with the crispy and melty sandwich that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Corned beef and sauerkraut makes a delicious sandwich.
What to Serve with a Reuben Sandwich?
This sandwich can be served with many different side dishes. When we cook on the griddle, we also like to cook our sides. But you can just serve with a side of potato chips. Here are some of our favorites.
- Sweet Potato Fries – These sweet potato fries are cooked crispy and delicious served with this sandwich.
- French Fries on Blackstone – These Blackstone French Fries are the perfect side dish and come out perfectly crispy every time.
- Blackstone Hibachi Vegetables – We make mix together peppers, zucchini, broccoli and mushrooms and heated until tender. The vegetables are tossed in a easy sauce to make them so flavorful.
Recipe for Reuben Sandwich Tips:
- Corned Beef – Purchase the corned beef from the deli section. Store bought corned beef is what we use to make this delicious sandwich.
- Dressing – You can spread the dressing on the slices of rye bread or serve it on the side with the sandwiches. Feel free to use Thousand Island Dressing or Russian Dressing to spread on the sandwich.
- Cooking – This sandwich only takes a few minutes to cook on each side. Stay close to griddle so the sandwich doesn’t burn.
How to Store Leftovers:
These sandwiches are best served fresh. If you do have leftovers, wrap and store in the fridge. You can easily place in the air fryer to reheat to have that crispy texture again.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Reuben Sandwich:
Blackstone Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- 8 Slices Rye Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 ounces Corned Beef cooked and sliced
- 1 cup Sauerkraut drained
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Butter one side of each of the pieces of bread with the butter.
- Spread some of the thousand island dressing on half of the bread slices on the opposite side of the butter.
- Place all the bread (butter side down) on the grill and top two slices of the cheese on half of the pieces.
- Place the drained sauerkraut on the other pieces of the bread.
- In a separate spot on the grill, spread out the sliced corned beef. Cook for a few minutes until the beef is golden brown and crisp (2-3 minutes). Flip and cook the other side of the beef as well.
- Divide the corned beef evenly into 4 sections and place each one of the bread with the sauerkraut and top with the other pieces of bread (with the cheese on it).
- Remove from the grill, cut in half and serve warm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Sandwich Recipes:
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Cuban Grilled Sandwich
- Blackstone Fried Egg Sandwich
- Grilled Cheese Egg Sandwich Blackstone Recipe
- Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe