Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a great way to enjoy this classic sandwich. The cheese melts perfectly and the bread gets extra crispy.
Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe:
Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a staple lunch for my family on the weekends. We usually make it on the stovetop or on our electric skillet. Since getting the Blackstone Griddle, we started making them on the large flat top and now this is the only way we make them.
The key to a great grilled cheese is spreading mayonnaise on the bread. I grew up using butter, but mayonnaise taste so much better. Then top each bread with two slice of cheese and the results are a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
The sourdough bread is toasted crispy and the cheese is melted perfectly in the middle. Add a bowl of your favorite soup and your lunch is complete. Take this classic sandwich to the next level and make it on your griddle.
What Temperature should the Griddle be for Grilled Cheese?
The Blackstone Griddle needs to be preheated to medium high heat. Which is about 400 degrees. To determine the temperature of your grill before cooking on it, we recommend using a Thermometer Gun.
- Sour Dough Bread
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Cook Grilled Cheese on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Add Mayonnaise – Spread the mayonnaise on 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Add bread to griddle – Then place slices of the breads onto the Blackstone Grill with the mayonnaise side down. Top the bread with 2 slices of cheese.
- Top with other bread – Then place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the ham and top with the 2nd piece of bread (mayonnaise side out).
- Heat then flip – Heat the sandwich for 3-5 minutes until the bottom piece of bread is golden brown. Flip and cook the opposite side sandwich for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the sandwich to a plate. Let the sandwich rest for for a few minutes so that the cheese is not too hot. Cut in half and enjoy! These sandwiches are best served warmed.
Blackstone Grilled Cheese Variations:
- Bread – You can easily make this sandwich with your favorite type of bread. We used sourdough bread in this recipe, but Artisan bread is amazing or Texas Toast. We like a thicker bread when cooking on the griddle.
- Change the Cheese – We love to use different cheeses when making grilled cheese. Use American cheese, pepper jack, or Munster cheese. You can also use two different kinds of cheese.
- Add a sauce – Before placing the bread on the griddle spread mustard on the side you put the cheese on. It gives is so much flavor.
- Add Pickles – I have one kid that loves pickles added to his grilled cheese.
- Bacon – Add cooked bacon when adding the cheese. This really is the ultimate grilled cheese.
- Other Condiments – Complete your sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes or chopped spinach.
What to Serve with Grilled Cheese:
- Soup – When we make Grilled Cheese I always want a bowl of tomato soup to go with it. I love to dip my grilled cheese sandwich in the soup. It adds flavor to the sandwich and combines two of my favorites things.
- Salad – A classic green salad pairs perfectly with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- See What to Serve with Grilled Cheese for more ideas!
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 slices Sour Dough Bread
- 12 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread the mayonnaise on 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Then place half of the breads onto the Blackstone Grill with the mayonnaise side down. Top the bread with 2 slices of cheese. Then place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the ham and top with the 2nd piece of bread (mayonnaise side out).
- Heat the sandwich for 3-5 minutes until the bottom piece of bread is golden brown. Flip and cook the opposite side sandwich for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich to a plate. Let the sandwich rest for for a few minutes so that the cheese is not too hot. Cut in half and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Recipes:
- Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Blackstone Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp on Blackstone
- Blackstone Ribeye Steak Recipe