Jazz up your classic grilled cheese and make Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese. Delicious, cheesy and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe:
My kids love pizza and grilled cheese so I thought I would combine the two and make this Pizza Grilled Cheese. Making it on the Blackstone is quick and easy and gives the bread a crispy texture.
We have even made a classic Blackstone Grilled Cheese, Blackstone Turkey Melt, and a Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese. These are perfect for lunch or a quick dinner idea. The cheese melts perfectly and they can be made with simple ingredients.
The Artisan bread is toasted crispy and the cheese is melted perfectly in the middle. Add your favorite pizza toppings and a side of pizza sauce for an easy Pizza Grilled Cheese. This is a quick and easy recipe that is a crowd favorite.
- Artisan Bread
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices
How to Make Pizza Grilled Cheese on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Melt the butter on the grill and spread it out with a spatula.
- Step 3 – Then place 4 slices of bread on the grill.
- Step 4 – Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each of the 4 slices of bread
- Step 5 – Top each piece of garlic toast with 6 slices of pepperoni.
- Step 6 – Then, top each piece of bread with 1 slice of cheese.
- Step 7 – Add another layer of pepperoni and cheese to each piece of bread.
- Step 8 – Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each of the remaining garlic toast pieces and place on top of the pepperoni and cheese.
- Step 9 – Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bread is golden browned. Flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes to brown the other side of the sandwich.
- Step 10 – Remove from the grill, serve warm and enjoy!
- Pepperoni – You can use turkey pepperoni if you prefer.
- Cheese – We used mozzarella cheese but you easily add in different flavors. Use American cheese, pepper jack, or Munster cheese. You can also use two different kinds of cheese.
- Bread – You can easily make this sandwich with your favorite type of bread or cheese.
- Vegetables – Add in chopped onions or peppers to the Pizza Grilled Cheese.
- Meat – Add in sausage crumbles for added flavor.
Best Bread for Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese:
When we make Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese, we like to use different types of bread instead of the traditional white bread. These are some of our favorite options:
- Artisan – We like the flavors and texture of the artisan bread
- Sourdough – The tangy flavors of sourdough combines perfectly with this sandwich.
- Ciabatta – We like getting this bread from our local bakery for added flavor.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Tips:
- Serving – These Pizza Grilled Cheese are best served immediately. The melted cheese and the pepperoni are best served warm.
- Griddle – Make sure to preheat griddle to a medium high heat.
- Oil the Griddle – To make sure the Pizza grilled Cheese doesn’t stick, make sure to oil the flat top.
What to Serve with Pizza Grilled Cheese:
- Soup – When we make Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese I always want a bowl of tomato soup to go with it. I love to dip my sandwich in the soup. It adds flavor to the sandwich and combines two of my favorites things.
- Salad – A classic green salad pairs perfectly with a Pizza Grilled Cheese.
- Pizza Sauce – I like to serve this comfort food with a side of pizza sauce or ranch dipping sauce.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. This Pizza Grilled Cheese is best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, I would reheat by placing in the skillet.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese:
Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 Slices Artisan Bread
- 8 Tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 24 Slices Pepperoni
- 8 Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Melt the butter on the grill and spread it out with a spatula.
- Then place 4 slices of bread on the grill.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each of the 4 slices of bread
- Top each piece of garlic toast with 6 slices of pepperoni.
- Then, top each piece of bread with 1 slice of cheese.
- Add another layer of pepperoni and cheese to each piece of bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each of the remaining garlic toast pieces and place on top of the pepperoni and cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bread is browned. Flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes to brown the other side of the sandwich.
- Remove from the grill, serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Blackstone Flatbread Pizza
- Blackstone Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Blackstone Smash Burger Recipe
- Freddy’s Blackstone Patty Melt Recipe