Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese combines the salty flavors to make a hearty sandwich. Layers of ham and cheese on a toasted bread make the best sandwich.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese Recipe:
Grilled ham and cheese sandwich is the ultimate comfort food. It makes the perfect lunch and is a popular sandwich with our family. We have made this ham and cheese sandwich on the stovetop but making is on the Blackstone Griddle has become our favorite.
The layers of ham and cheese melt between the toasted bread is so heart and delicious. It salty, buttery, and has the perfect amount of crunch with every bite. You can change the cheese, bread or add in your favorite toppings.
We make this ham and cheese sandwich all summer long as we are hanging by the pool. But it is also perfect with a bowl of our favorite soup. You might also like Blackstone Bacon Grilled Cheese, Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese or Blackstone Turkey Melt.
Best Bread for Grilled Ham and Cheese:
When we make grilled cheese sandwiches, we like to use different types of bread instead of the traditional white bread. These are some of our favorite options:
- Artisan – We like the flavors and texture of the artisan bread
- Sourdough – The tangy flavors of sourdough combines perfectly with this sandwich.
- Ciabatta – We like getting this bread from our local bakery for added flavor.
- See Best Bread for Grilled Cheese for more ideas.
- Slices Artisan Bread
- Shaved Black Forest Ham
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese:
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat about 400 degrees. Butter one side of each of the pieces of bread with the butter.
- Place one piece of bread on the grill. Top the bread with a slice of cheese and layer the ham on top.
- Then place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the ham and top with the 2nd piece of bread (butter side out).
- Heat the sandwich for 3-5 minutes until the bottom piece of bread is golden brown.
- Flip and cook the opposite side sandwich for 3-5 minutes total time.
- Remove the sandwich to a plate.
- Let the sandwich rest for for a few minutes so that the cheese is not too hot. Cut in half and enjoy!
Best Ham to Use:
Adding ham to a classic grilled cheese adds so much flavor. The combination of the salty ham with the melted cheese really takes the grilled cheese to the ultimate level.
- Deli Ham – I like buying the thinly slice ham from the deli at the grocery store. But you can also use prepacked ham.
- Leftover Ham – Another way to use your leftover Thanksgiving ham is to add it to your Grilled Cheese.
- Flavored Ham – You can also use honey ham, smoked ham, black forest ham, or brown sugar ham.
How to Make Grilled Ham and Cheese on Stovetop:
If you don’t have a Blackstone Griddle or too cold outside, make your grilled ham and cheese the old fashioned way. Cooking on the stovetop is still amazing and still gets your sandwich crispy and the cheese melty.
- Butter one side of the bread.
- Place bread in skillet that is hot and melted butter
- Top the bread with ham and cheese
- The top with another slice of bread
- Cook about 3 minutes on one side and then flip to cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on plate.
- Slice, serve and enjoy
- Bread – You can easily make this sandwich with your favorite type of bread. We used sourdough bread in this recipe, but Artisan bread is amazing or Texas Toast.
- Change the Cheese – We love to use different cheeses when making grilled cheese. Use American cheese, pepper jack, swiss cheese or Munster cheese. You can also use two different kinds of cheese.
- Add a sauce – Before placing the bread on the griddle spread dijon mustard, honey mustard, or regular mustard or mayo.
What to Serve with Grilled Ham and Cheese on Blackstone:
Grilled Ham and Cheese Tips:
- Quality Cheese – We recommend using quality cheese for the hot ham and cheese. American cheese and ham is our favorite combination.
- Use Mayo – I grew up using butter but you can also spread mayo on the sandwich. Both will give you the crispy bread.
- Hot Grill – Before placing the bread on the grill, make sure the grill is at least at medium heat.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese:
Blackstone Grilled Ham and Cheese Recipe
- 2 Slices Artisan Bread
- 3 oz Shaved Black Forest Ham
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Butter one side of each of the pieces of bread with the butter.
- Place one piece of bread on the grill. Top the bread with a slice of cheese and layer the ham on top. Then place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the ham and top with the 2nd piece of bread (butter side out).
- Heat the sandwich for 3-5 minutes until the bottom piece of bread is golden brown. Flip and cook the opposite side sandwich for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich to a plate. Let the sandwich rest for for a few minutes so that the cheese is not too hot. Cut in half and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese Egg Sandwich
- Grilled Ham Steak Recipe
- Blackstone Green Beans
- Grilled Ham Steak Recipe
- Smash Burger on Blackstone