Blue Cheese Burger Recipe combines the tangy flavors of blue cheese and a classic burger. The flavor is amazing and is made with simple ingredients.
Blue Cheese Burger Recipe:
Blue Cheese Burger is a great way to enjoy quality blue cheese mixed in with your ground beef patties. The combination is tangy, salty and delicious. Mixing blue cheese crumbles into the beef mixture allows you get a taste of the blue cheese in every bite.
We love that this delicious burger is made easily on the grill with simple ingredients. The burger is cooked juicy, cheesy and delicious. If you are looking for the ultimate burger to make for your next BBQ, make this Blue Cheese Burger.
- Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Blue Cheese Crumbles (divided)
- Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato (sliced)
- Red Onion (sliced)
How to Grill Blue Cheese Burger:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine Pattie Ingredients – Mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce. Add in half of the blue cheese crumbles together in a large bowl.
- Step 3 – Form into Patties – Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each.
- Step 4 – Oil the Grates – Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- Step 5 – Place patties on grill – Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Top patties with blue cheese – Top the patties with the remaining blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cooking time. Cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Step 7 – Toast the Buns – Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Step 8 – Build the Burgers – Serve the burgers on the buns topped with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and red onions.
- Step 9 – Serve and enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Blue Cheese Burger Toppings:
We love to top our burger with more blue cheese crumbles but these are also some of our favorite toppings.
- Caramelized Onions
- Sliced Cooked Mushrooms
- Red Onions
- Slice Cheese
- Slice Jalapenos
- Sliced Tomatoes
What to Serve with Blue Cheese Burgers:
When we make burgers on the grill, I like to prepare my sides on the grill. This helps with clean up and everything gets done about the same time.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes – Sweet Potatoes are one of our favorite side dishes. This healthy vegetable cooks perfectly on the grill without a lot of work.
- Grilled French Fries – These are so much better than frying them in oil. Plus we love the smoky, grilled taste that the grill gives. Grilled French Fries is a great side to so many of our favorite recipes.
How Long to Grill Burger:
Grilling burger patties do not take long as long as your grill has been preheated on medium high heat. Place patties on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat. You may need to use a meat thermometer to make sure the patties are done and not medium rare.
Cook until the internal temperature of 160 degrees. You may need to cook a minute longer if still pink.
- Change the Meat – Feel to make this burger with ground turkey. You can also mix ground turkey and ground beef together.
- Buns – We used regular hamburger buns, but you can use different types of buns. Grab some from your local bakery for a different flavor.
- Seasoning – If you want some extra spice in your hamburger patties, you can add in a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. We love the extra flavor it gives the burgers.
How to Store Leftover Burgers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. These juicy burgers are delicious the next day. We do recommend storing the burger patties separately from the toppings.
Print Recipe here for Blue Cheese Burger:
Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles divided
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 6 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and half of the blue cheese crumbles together in a bowl.
- Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each.
- Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Top the patties with the remaining blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cooking time and cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Serve the burgers on the buns topped with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and red onions.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Burger Recipes:
- Chorizo Burger Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Burger Recipe
- California Burger Recipe
- Grilled Avocado Burger Recipe