Grilled Ham Steak only requires 4 ingredients to give this ham steak flavor. The honey brown sugar glaze is a fresh change to your ham.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Ham Steak Recipe:
If you love ham, this grilled ham steak easy recipe is the perfect alternative to baking a ham. The honey brown sugar glaze that is drizzled over the cooked ham will give the ham steak so much flavor.
This Ham Steak is perfect on your grill, on the stovetop or in your broiler. If you are serving for your family, one ham steak might be enough. But you might need to get two if you have a larger family.
In less than 10 minutes the ham steak is done on the grill. Add your favorite sides and your meal is complete. With only 4 ingredients this is budget friendly and always a crowd favorite.
If you have a Blackstone, try Ham Steak on Blackstone.
What is a Ham Steak?
A ham steak is a slice of ham from a whole ham. It is the perfect size for small families or if you are needing to dice up ham for a recipe. You can easily find ham steaks in the grocery store.
- Ham Steak
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
How to Grill Ham Steak:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Mix Honey Glaze – While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar, honey and dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Add ham steak to grill – Place the heat steak on the grill over direct heat and brush the top of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze.
- Cook – Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip Ham Steak – Flip the ham steak, baste the other side of the ham steak.
- Cook – Cover and cook for 4 more minutes until the ham is heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Ham Steak:
Cooking the ham steak on the grill doesn’t take. Just make sure to watch the grill closely to make sure that it doesn’t get too hot and burn the ham steak. Grilling the ham steak about 4 minutes on each side, cooks the ham steak perfectly.
The ham steak has the smokey grill flavor with the grill marks.
How to Cook Ham Steak on Stove:
If you don’t want to grill your ham steak, you can cook it on the stove. You can use any type of skillet, but we like using our cast iron skillet. Place a little butter in the skillet and add the ham.
Baste the ham with the brown sugar glaze and cook for about 3 minutes, then flip the ham. Baste the other side and cook for additional 3 minutes. Flip the ham one more time, add the remaining glaze then serve.
It is that easy and you can have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
How to Cook Ham Steak under a Broiler:
You can even cook the ham under the broiler in your oven. Place the ham on a baking sheet lined with foil. Add the glaze to one side of the ham and place it under the broiler. Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
Then remove baking sheet and flip the ham. Add the glaze to the other side of the ham and place back under the broil. Heat for additional 3 minutes.
Another quick and easy to cook the ham and have dinner done fast.
Grilling Ham Steak Tips:
- Honey Substitute – You can use maple syrup instead of honey in this recipe if you prefer.
- Gas Grill – Heat gas grill to medium heat before place ham on the grill.
- BBQ – If you prefer you can use BBQ sauce instead of the brown sugar glaze.
- Overcook – The ham has already has a lot of moisture, but you can still over cook it. Make sure to watch the grill closely.
- Heat Source – You can grill, broil, or cook on the stove. The brown sugar ham steak is always full of flavor.
- Ham with Bones – When purchasing your ham steak, pick one with a bone in it. They always seem to have the most flavor.
What to Serve with Ham Steak:
When we make recipes on the grill, I like to serve side dishes that I can easily make on the grill. Here are some of my favorites:
- Green Beans in Foil
- Grilled Asparagus in Foil
- Bake Potatoes on the Grill
- Mashed Potatoes
- See more delicious side dishes for Ham steak
Grilled Ham Steak with Brown Sugar Glaze:
The best part of this glazed ham steak recipe is the brown sugar glaze. It is made with only 3 ingredients and it gives the ham roast so much flavor.
Brown sugar, honey, and dijon mustard is combined in a separate bowl and then drizzled over the ham as it cooks. We love to baste the ham with the honey brown sugar glaze as it really cooks into the meat.
How to Store Leftover Ham Steak:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Ham Steak:
Grilled Ham Steak
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F). While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar, honey and dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Place the heat steak on the grill over direct heat and brush the top of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the ham steak, baste the other side of the ham steak. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes until the ham is heated through.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe