Learn How to Make Ham Steak on Blackstone with this quick and easy recipe. Add the honey and brown sugar glaze for a tasty meal idea.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This Blackstone ham steak recipe is simple recipe that cooks perfectly on the griddle. Serve this grill ham steak recipe for the holidays or for an easy weeknight meal.
We love making Blackstone Recipes for a delicious meal idea but this glazed ham steak is one of our favorites. If you love this recipe check out – Grilled Ham Steak, Grilled Ham Recipe or Ham Fried Rice Recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Ham Steak?
Ham steak is a slice of cured ham that is not very thick that comes from a shank of a pig. This is the perfect way to enjoy ham without cooking a whole ham. You can easily find Ham steaks at the grocery store.
You can serve with Ham Steaks, scrambled eggs or with your favorite side dishes such as mashed potatoes, green beans or roasted vegetables.
- Fully Cooked Ham Steak
- Brown Sugar
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card.
- Maple Syrup – You can use maple syrup instead of honey in this recipe if you prefer.
- Glaze – Feel free to cook the ham steak without the glaze.
- Glaze Seasoning – You can also add your favorite seasoning to the glaze. Salt, pepper, minced onions, or ground cinnamon. Feel free to add in Dijon Mustard for added flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat a Blackstone grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit). While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar and honey in a small bowl.
- Step 2 – Add butter to the Blackstone Grill. Use a large spatula to spread the melt butter around.
- Step 3 – Place the ham steak on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides of the ham until browned.
- Step 4 – Baste the ham with the brown sugar and honey mixture. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5 – Baste the other size of the ham steak with the brown sugar. Flip and cook the opposite side for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 – Remove the ham steak from the grill and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
- Cooking Ham – Watch the grill closely to make sure that it doesn’t get too hot and burn the ham steak.
- Prepare Griddle – Make sure to preheat the griddle and spread but over the top. This helps to cook the ham golden brown without it sticking.
Can I Make on Stovetop?
Yes, this ham steak can be cooked on a large skillet over medium heat. You can even bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
You can even place on a gas grill for a tasty meal idea.
How Long Does it Take to Cook:
Cooking the Ham Steak on the griddle takes about 5 minutes on each side. Once adding the glaze, we like to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize the glaze.
We recommend to cook until browned on both sides.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment if you make this Ham Steak Recipe on Blackstone Griddle.
Ham Steak on Blackstone
- Preheat a Blackstone grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit). While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar and honey in a small bowl.
- Add butter to the Blackstone Grill. Use a spatula to spread it around.
- Place the ham steak on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Baste the ham with the brown sugar and honey mixture. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Baste the other size of the ham steak with the brown sugar. Flip and cook the opposite side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the ham steak from the grill and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe