If you have leftover ham, make this Ham Fried Rice Recipe. The rice cooks with a crispy texture and adding the ham gives it so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This fried rice with ham recipe is my favorite way to use up leftovers. Fried rice is my go-to meal when I have leftover rice, veggies and meat. You can cook it in a skillet or back on your griddle. It makes the perfect weeknight meal.
We love making Blackstone Recipes for an crowd pleasing meal. If you love this Fried Rice Recipe, check out these recipes – Blackstone Bacon Fried Rice, Blackstone Fried Rice or Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice.
Table of Contents
What is Fried Rice?
Fried Rice is a dish that can be made in a variety of ways. It is made with cooked rice, meats and veggies in a skillet, griddle, or a Wok. It is a favorite Chinese Take Out side dish, but taste much better making it at home.
If you are looking for a dish to use your leftovers, this is the recipe to make.
- Chopped Ham
- Sesame Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Cooked Rice, cooled
- Soy Sauce
- Frozen Peas and diced carrots blend
- Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- Green Onions (chopped)
Scroll to the bottom for the full list of ingredients and recipe in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change Rice – Feel free to use any day old rice that you prefer. Jasmine Rice, White Rice, Long-Grain Brown Rice are great options. For a low-carb option you can even use cauliflower rice.
- Veggies – You can also use any type of vegetables that you have on hand. We have added in bell peppers, chopped broccoli and zucchini to sneak in those veggies.
- Soy Sauce – We used a low sodium soy sauce but you can substitute with coconut aminos or Tamari.
- Seasoning – You can easily add in some cloves garlic for delicious flavor or minced garlic.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
Step 2 – Add the diced ham and peas and carrots to the grill. Sauté the vegetables and ham for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the ham is slightly browned.
Step 3 – Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
Step 4 – Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Then stir fried together the ham, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Prepare Griddle – Before cooking the veggies, make sure to preheat and melt butter or oil. This helps to create a delicious flavor and prevents it from sticking.
- Combining the ingredients – Allow the rice, veggies and ham to heat on the griddle after adding the soy sauce.
What to Serve with Fried Rice?
These are our favorite easy recipes to serve with fried rice. You can easily find the grocery stores for a quick and easy meal idea. This fried rice recipe is perfect to use your leftover ham from Christmas or Easter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This secret to making this recipe for ham fried rice is to use leftover cold rice.
Refrigerate the leftover fried rice in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yes, cook the fried rice as the recipe indicates but in a large skillet or cast iron pan. Heat over medium high heat with a tablespoon of butter.
More Easy Fried Rice Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Leave us a comment if you try this Easy Ham Fried Rice Recipe.
Ham Fried Rice
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium low heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Add the diced ham and peas and carrots to the grill. Sauté the vegetables and ham for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the ham is slightly browned.
- Move the vegetables and ham to the cooler side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
- Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Then mix together the ham, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Serve topped with the green onions and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe