Put on a twist on your classic fried rice recipe and make Blackstone Mexican Fried Rice Recipe. It loaded Tex-Mex flavor and easy to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Mexican Fried Rice Recipe:
This Mexican Fried Rice Recipe is a delicious twist on a classic favorite. Add simple taco seasoning to create a delicious fried rice recipe. This is the perfect recipe to use leftover rice and add in black beans and corn for a simple side dish.
You may have had this at your favorite Mexican restaurant but now you can easily make it on the Blackstone. The ingredients cook up easily and the rice turns out with perfect crispy texture.
This Mexican dish is fast, fun and delicious. You can serve it as a side dish or dip your favorite tortilla chips in it. There are many ways to customized this fried rice recipe. Make it spicy or mild and enjoy an easy side dish on the griddle.
For the Rice:
- Minced Garlic
- Onion (finely diced)
- Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- Cooked Rice
For the Sauce:
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make Mexican Fried Rice on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Combine the Sauce Ingredients – Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Heat the Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 3 – Add the Oil – Drizzle the olive oil onto the grill and spread it around with a spatula.
- Step 4 – Add the onion, garlic and cook – Add the minced garlic, diced onions and red bell pepper to the grill. Then sauté until the onions are translucent (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Step 5 – Top with Corn and Beans – Add in the corn and black beans. Cook for 1 minute until they are heated through.
- Step 6 – Mix in White Rice – Then toss in the cooked rice and the sauce mixture. Stir thoroughly to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How to Make on Stove Top:
This Mexican Fried Rice can easily be made on the Stove Top if you do not have a Blackstone. This recipes can come together easily using simple spices and ingredients.
- Make the sauce mixture according to the recipe.
- Cook the peppers, onions and garlic in a skillet on medium heat. Make sure to oil the pan with olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Cook the vegetables for a few minutes and then add in corn and black beans. Allow these vegetables to heat together for a few minutes.
- Mix in the leftover white rice and sauce mixture. Stir in with the other ingredients. Fully coating them with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite Mexican Dishes.
Mexican Fried Rice Tips:
- Heat Blackstone – Make sure to prepare Blackstone by preheating and add oil. Before adding ingredients always start with a hot griddle.
- Cooking on the Blackstone – The Blackstone grill is hotter than a traditional skillet. So work fast to avoid the griddle from burning. Since you are just heating up the ingredients, it will not take long to heat.
- Use Different Oil – You can easily use any type of oil. Use avocado oil, canola oil or coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil in this recipe. You want to use a high smoke point oil.
- Pre Cooked Rice is Best – This fried rice recipe is best to made with cold leftover rice. Leftover rice is best for this recipe. This is my go-to recipe when I have cooked rice earlier in the week.
- Chopping Vegetables – We recommend to chop your vegetables ahead of time and about the same size. This allows them to cook evenly and about the same time.
- Add in Protein – Add protein to make it a completely dinner. Chicken, salmon, shrimp, pork are all great option.
- Low carb – use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
- Change the Seasoning – You can easily substitute the seasoning with homemade taco seasoning.
- Beans – Feel free to use different types of beans. We love the flavor of black beans, but pinto or kidney beans would also work in this recipe. You can even leave them out if you prefer.
What to Serve with Mexican Fried Rice?
When we make Blackstone Recipes, we like to prepare other dishes so that everything is done about the same time. Also, it helps with easy clean up. Here are some our favorite Mexican Dishes to make on the Blackstone.
- Blackstone Street Tacos – aco night is our favorite night. We top these tacos with fresh cilantro and chopped onion. These tacos are perfect for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd.
- Blackstone Chicken Fajita Tacos – Loaded with fajita chicken meat and topped with bell peppers. This recipes pairs perfectly with the Mexican Fried Rice.
- Blackstone Chicken Quesadilla – Make your favorite quesadilla on the Blackstone with this easy recipe. It is loaded with flavor and is delicious with this Fried Rice recipe.
How to Store Fried Mexican Rice:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This rice is delicious leftover and perfect to meal prep for the week.
How to Reheat Leftovers:
This Mexican Fried Rice will reheat well in the microwave. Reheat in 30 seconds intervals until warm.
You can also reheat on the Blackstone if you are already cooking the griddle.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Mexican Fried Rice:
Blackstone Mexican Fried Rice
For the Rice:
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Drizzle the oil onto the grill and spread it around with a spatula.
- Add the minced garlic, diced onions and red bell pepper to the grill and sauté until the onions are translucent (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the corn and black beans. Cook for 1 minute until they are heated through.
- Then toss in the cooked rice and the sauce mixture. Stir thoroughly to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe