Blackstone Chicken Fajitas is an easy way to prepare chicken fajitas. This simple dish is one of our favorite recipes and it cooks perfectly on the Blackstone.
Blackstone Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
Blackstone Griddle Chicken Fajitas cook perfectly on the griddle. The chicken is coated with an easy fajita seasoning then cooked on the flat top. The charred flavor that the Blackstone gives the chicken makes them a family favorite.
Chicken Fajita is the perfect weeknight meal. We love the way the chicken comes out tender and juicy. The onions are perfectly cooked and how the red and green peppers add color to the dinner.
There are a variety of ways to serve this chicken fajita recipe. We love to top a soft tortilla with the chicken and peppers but we have also served over white rice. Both ways make an easy weeknight meal.
If you love fajitas, try our Blackstone Steak Fajitas or Blackstone Shrimp Fajitas.
How to Make Fajita Seasoning:
We love to season the chicken with a flavorful seasoning. You can make your own fajita seasoning or you can use the seasoning packet from the store.
We love to make our own seasoning so we can adjust the ingredients. The seasoning blends that you buy at the store have additional ingredients that are not needed.
Making your own seasoning blend saves you time and money.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Avocado Oil
- Limes, Juiced
- Fajita Seasoning
- Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Flour Tortillas (fajita size)
How to Cook Chicken Fajitas on Blackstone:
- Prepare the Chicken Strips – Cut the chicken breasts in approximately 1 inch strips.
- Prepare the Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat about 450 degrees. Spread the avocado oil out onto the grill.
- Season and add chicken to griddle – Put the chicken on one side of the grill. Season it with the fajita seasoning and toss the chicken to thoroughly coat it with the seasoning.
- Add the Peppers – The spread the peppers and onions out onto the grill next to the chicken.
- Cook Chicken – Cook both the chicken and veggies for 6-9 minutes flipping occasionally. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Top with Lime Juice – Top the chicken with the lime juice and toss it to coat it in the lime juice.
- Remove the Chicken and Veggies – Remove both the chicken and the vegetables from the grill to a separate plate.
- Heat Tortillas – Then place the tortillas on the grill and heat them for approximately 30 seconds on both sides to warm the tortillas.
- Serve and Enjoy – Assemble the fajitas and they are ready to serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Chicken Fajitas:
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
- Blackstone Spatula Tools
- Thermometer gun
- Check out all the The Best Tools for Blackstone Griddle
Chicken Fajita Toppings:
These chicken fajitas will also taste good with any of the following favorite toppings:
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Salsa Verde
- Cilantro and Lime
Blackstone Chicken Fajita Variations:
- Change the Tortilla – We usually use flour tortillas, but you can use corn tortillas instead of flour if you prefer.
- Change the Meat – This recipe works great for steak fajitas.
- Taco Seasoning – If you have taco seasoning instead of fajita seasoning, you definitely use it instead.
- Chicken Options – We normally use chicken breast but you can easily use chicken thighs.
- Cooking Options – If you prefer to cook chicken fajitas indoors, make them in your cast iron skillet.
- Oil Options – When cooking on a Blackstone Griddle, you need to use a high smoke point oil. We try to use vegetable oil or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- Spicy Options – You can add additional chili powder to add some extra spice to the seasoning. I would also top your fajitas with some slice jalapenos.
Can I use Frozen Vegetables?
We prefer to use fresh peppers and onions because they are more flavorful. They cook perfectly on the griddle and come up with the charred smokey flavor.
If you use frozen vegetables they take longer to cook and could end up mushy.
My determining factor is what I what vegetables I have on hand. But I try to have fresh pepper and onions available since I use them in a lot of recipes.
How to Store Leftovers:
We love having leftover chicken fajitas. They taste amazing the next day served over rice or by themselves. Store the fajitas in an air tight container and refrigerate. They will last about 3 to 4 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Chicken Fajitas:
Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
- 2 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 12 Flour Tortillas fajita size
- Cut the chicken breasts in approximately 1 inch strips.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F). Spread the avocado oil out onto the grill.
- Put the chicken on one side of the grill. Season it with the fajita seasoning and toss the chicken to thoroughly coat it with the seasoning.
- The spread the peppers and onions out onto the grill next to the chicken.
- Cook both the chicken and veggies for 6-9 minutes flipping occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Top the chicken with the lime juice and toss it to coat it in the lime juice.
- Remove both the chicken and the vegetables from the grill to a separate plate.
- Then place the tortillas on the grill and heat them for approximately 30 seconds on both sides to warm the tortillas.
- Assemble the fajitas and they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe