Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas is loaded with seasoned chicken, cheese and taco seasoning between two flour tortillas. Then grilled to perfection on the Blackstone Griddle.
Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas Recipe:
If you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner idea these Blackstone Chicken Quesadilla is our go-to. Everything is cooked on the grill which makes for easy cleanup.
The chicken is seasoned with easy taco seasoning then cooked on the Blackstone griddle. Once the chicken is cooked we mix in salsa to add in flavor. Then flour tortillas are added onto the griddle and topped with cheese and chicken to make the perfect quesadilla.
We like to serve with a side of sour cream and guacamole for a complete meal. These Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas are perfect for lunch and dinner. We serve them for a quick weeknight meal or when we have friends and family over.
Easy Blackstone Quesadillas:
We have really loved making Blackstone Griddle Recipes. Everything comes together so easily and the cleanup is a breeze. These Easy Blackstone Quesadillas are one of our favorites.
Even if we don’t have chicken to use, a cheese quesadilla hits the spot. We love how the tortilla gets golden brown with a crispy texture. We have even made a veggie quesadilla and it came out perfectly.
These Easy Blackstone Quesadilla are a crowd pleaser and budget friendly. We love any type of Mexican food, so we usually have all the ingredients handy to make these quesadillas. You might also like Steak and Cheese Quesadillas, or Blackstone Chicken Fajita Quesadillas Recipe.
- Chicken Breast, diced into 1 inch pieces – You can also use chicken thighs.
- Vegetable Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Flour Tortillas, burrito size
How to Cook Chicken Quesadilla on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Blackstone Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat about 400 degrees. Spread the vegetable oil onto the grill.
- Add Chicken to Griddle and Season – Place the chicken onto the grill in an even layer. Season it with the taco seasoning.
- Cook Chicken – Sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until it’s browned slightly.
- Add Salsa – Then top the chicken with salsa and toss the chicken to thoroughly coat the chicken with the salsa. Continue to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F) for approximately 3-4 more minutes.
- Place chicken on the side – Push the chicken to one side of the grill. Reduce the Blackstone temperature to medium.
- Add tortillas to griddle – Place the tortillas on the flat top griddle. Top each tortillas a small amount of each cheese, then layer the chicken on top of melted cheese and then add more cheese.
- Fold Tortilla – Carefully fold each the tortillas in half making a half moon shape. You can also add a tortilla on top.
- Cool until Golden Brown – Cook until one side of the tortilla is golden brown (1-2 minutes). Flip and then cook until the other side is golden brown as well (1-2 minutes). Watch them closely as they do brown quickly.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board or baking sheet. Slice them and they they are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Vegetable Oil – I used vegetable oil in this recipe but any oil with a high smoke point will work great. Avocado oil, coconut oil or canola oil would work great in this recipe. We recommend not using olive oil since it doesn’t have a high smoke point.
- Change the Cheese – You can easily use your favorite type of shredded cheeses in this quesadilla recipe. Use your favorite. We loved using pepper jack cheese.
- Change the Seasoning – Garlic salt, onion powder or use what you have.
- Add in vegetables – Cook the vegetables right on the griddle until tender and chicken is thoroughly. Then add them to your quesadilla. We love spinach, onion, peppers.
- Place in the Oven – If you prefer or don’t have a blackstone, you can make these on the stove top or in the toaster oven.
- Dipping Sauces – Add your favorite dipping sauces. We like salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Can I use already cooked Chicken?
Yes, you can use already cooked chicken. This is the perfect meal to use leftover cooked chicken. Even if you don’t use all the chicken when making this recipe, use it the next night to make even more Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas.
Just skip the steps in the recipe to cook the chicken and place your tortilla on the flat top griddle. Heat the tortilla and top with cheese and chicken to make a quick lunch or dinner.
How to Store:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When I make this recipe, I usually make enough quesadilla’s for what we will eat for that night.
Then with the leftover chicken, I use it for another meal or make another batch of quesadillas.
Recommended Products for the Blackstone:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas:
Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 lb Chicken Breast diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 Flour Tortillas burrito size
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread the vegetable oil onto the grill.
- Place the chicken onto the grill in an even layer. Season it with the taco seasoning. Sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until it’s browned slightly. Then top the chicken with salsa and toss the chicken to thoroughly coat the chicken with the salsa. Continue to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F) for approximately 3-4 more minutes.
- Push the chicken to one side of the grill. Reduce the Blackstone temperature to medium.
- Place the tortillas on the grill. Top each tortillas a small amount of each cheese, then layer the chicken on top and then add more cheese. Carefully fold each the tortillas in half making a half moon shape.
- Cook until one side of the tortilla is golden brown (1-2 minutes). Flip and then cook until the other side is golden brown as well (1-2 minutes). Watch them closely as they do brown quickly.
- Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board. Slice them and they they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Chicken Recipes:
- Blackstone Hibachi Chicken Recipe
- Blackstone Chicken Tacos Recipe
- The Best Blackstone Chicken Breast Recipe