Grilled Stuffed Burritos are full of your favorite ingredients. They are packed with flavor, hearty and easy to make. The perfect Taco Tuesday meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Stuffed Burritos Recipe:
These Grilled Stuffed Burritos are the perfect weeknight meal. The ground beef cooks easily on the griddle to add flavor to your burrito. We recommend using large flour tortillas to stuff the burrito with your favorite ingredients.
You may have gotten the original grilled xxl grilled stuft burrito at Taco Bell Fast Food. But now you can easily make their popular item at home. This copycat recipe can easily be made with staples ingredients or they can easily be purchased at the grocery stores.
If you are looking for an easy dish to make for Taco Tuesday, make this stuffed burrito. You will love the many ways you stuff the burrito to make it your own.
Why We Love Stuffed Burritos:
- Simple Ingredients – If you have leftover taco meat, make this stuffed burrito. We love that this recipe is loaded with simple ingredients that we always have on hand.
- Quick and Easy Meal Idea – With my large family, we are always on the go. I like to prepare these stuffed burritos as a last minute meal idea. Everyone can make their own and always a crowd favorite.
- Ground Beef
- Vegetable Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Large Soft Flour Tortillas (burrito size)
- Refried Beans
- White Rice (cooked)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Stuffed Burritos on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Gril – Heat up the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Add Oil – Add the vegetable oil onto the grill and spread it around with a spatula.
- Step 3 – Add Beef – Add the ground beef to one side of the grill. Break apart and begin to cook the meat.
- Step 4 – Taco Meat – As the meat cooks, sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Top with salsa and stir to combine.
- Step 5 – Continue Cooking – Continue breaking apart the meat.
- Step 6 – Add Water – Add in the water and stir to combine. Continue to cook until cooked through. Remove the beef from the grill.
- Step 7 – Heat Beans – Heat up the refried beans by microwaving it in 30 second intervals. Heat until heated through and easy to spread.
- Step 8 – Prepare – Begin assembling the burritos.
- Step 9 – Spread Beans – Place a burrito on a work surface. Spread with refried beans.
- Step 10 – Add Rice on Refried Beans – Next, add the rice and then a little of the meat mixture on top. Top with shredded cheese.
- Step 11 – Fold Burrito – Fold the ends in and roll up into a burrito. Continue this process until all the burritos are formed.
- Step 12 – Reduce Heat – Reduce the temperature on the Blackstone Grill to medium low (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 13 – Grill Burritos – Place the burritos on the Blackstone Grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Step 14 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
- Prepare Griddle – Preheat the griddle to medium heat. Add oil to the griddle which helps to cook the ground beef.
- Cooking Seasoned Ground Beef – Cooking ground beef is easy on the griddle. Make sure to break up the ground beef as it cooks in small crumbles.
- Assembling the Burritos – When adding the layers of ingredients to the tortilla, make sure you leave room to fold. I focus on layering the ingredients as close to the edges to you.
- Grilling Burritos – Allow the burritos to grill on the Blackstone to add a crispy texture. The center will still stay soft, but the tortilla will have the best texture.
- Tortilla – We recommend using a large tortilla to make this burrito. There are different tortilla options that meets all your dietary restrictions.
- Beans – We love using refried beans but you can also use black beans or pinto beans. You can also substitute with more beans with the ground beef.
- Meat – We used ground beef, but you can easily make this burrito with ground turkey. You can also use leftover shredded chicken.
- Cheese – Feel free to use any type to make your burrito. You can use a different cheese blend that includes mozzarella, pepper jack and more.
- Rice – We used leftover white rice, but you can use a spanish rice or Mexican rice for added flavor.
- Topping – Feel free to add your favorite toppings when serving this burrito. Reduced fat sour cream, fiesta salsa, guacamole, tomatoes and pico de gallo. We even like to add avocado ranch sauce and shredded lettuce with the beans and cheese.
How to Roll Stuffed Burritos:
These stuffed burritos are best when the ingredients are not loaded in the burrito. You want to make sure that they are tucked tight. This helps to not have the ingredients squishing out.
When layering the ingredients, you want to start layering on the side closest to you and not in the center. This allows you to easily roll the burrito nice and tight.
Tuck the sides first then begin tucking in the edges to wrap everything up. Placing the burrito back on the griddle, allows for the sides to heat together.
What to Serve with Stuffed Burritos?
These stuffed burritos are loaded with flavor and can easily serve with many different sides. These are some of my favorites.
- White Rice
- Chips and Queso
- Roasted Vegetables
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to separate the ingredients to easily make again when ready to serve.
Print Recipe for Grilled Stuffed Burritos:
Grilled Stuffed Burritos
- Heat up the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Add the vegetable oil onto the grill and spread it around with a spatula.
- Add the ground beef to one side of the grill. Break apart and begin to cook the meat.
- As the meat cooks, sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Top with salsa and stir to combine.
- Continue breaking apart the meat.
- Add in the water and stir to combine. Continue to cook until cooked through. Remove the beef from the grill.
- Heat up the refried beans by microwaving it in 30 second intervals until heated through and easy to spread.
- Begin assembling the burritos.
- Place a burrito on a work surface. Spread with refried beans.
- Next, add the rice and then a little of the meat mixture on top. Top with shredded cheese.
- Fold the ends in and roll up into a burrito. Continue this process until all the burritos are formed.
- Reduce the temperature on the Blackstone Grill to medium low (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place the burritos on the Blackstone Grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Remove from the grill, serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe