Foil Pack Sweet Potatoes is the perfect side dish for all your grilled meats. This healthy side dish is loaded with flavor and easy to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This grilled sweet potatoes in foil recipe is one of our favorite side dishes. Bite size fresh sweet potatoes are cooked to perfection in foil and served with your favorite main dishes.
We love making Side Dish Recipes on the grill. The smoky flavor and how quickly they cook makes them a family favorite. If you looking for other ways to cook sweet potatoes check out these easy recipes – Blackstone Sweet Potato Fries Recipe or Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Recipe:
Cooking delicious sweet potato foil packets makes for a quick and easy side dish. We used simple spices that can easily be changed to what you prefer. Placing the diced sweet potatoes in foil helps them cook tender while keeping the moist
Cleanup is a breeze with this sweet potato recipe. The next time you are grilling out your favorite chicken recipe, make a side of these sweet potatoes.
- Sweet Potatoes – Peel and cut into small cubes
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
For the full list of ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can add in fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme for added flavor.
- Vegetables – You can easily add in other vegetables with the sweet potatoes. Slice up zucchini, bell peppers, or corn.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Wash the sweet potatoes and dice them into approximately 1 inch size cubes.
- Step 3 – Evenly place the potatoes into 3 large pieces of foil large enough to fold over and to be able to roll up edges.
- Step 4 – Stir together all the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Step 5 – Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on top of the potatoes on the foil.
- Step 6 – Top each packet of potatoes with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Step 7 – Fold each foil packet close and seal tightly.
- Step 8 – Place the sweet potatoes on the grill grates and close the grill.
- Step 9 – Cook for 20 minutes to 30 minutes over medium heat. Flipping the packets halfway through the cook time, until the potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Step 10 – Remove from the grill, be careful when opening the sweet potato packets and enjoy.
- Preparing Sweet Potatoes – We recommend cutting them in about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Butter – Adding the butter prevents the sweet potatoes from sticking to the oil. You can use olive oil if a easy variation.
- Heavy Duty Foil – Make sure to cook the sweet potatoes in heavy duty foil.
How to Bake in the Oven:
You also also bake these in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes until the baked sweet potatoes are tender.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Foil Pack Vegetables:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Sweet Potato Foil Pack Grill Recipe, leave a comment or a star review.
Foil Pack Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Wash the sweet potatoes and dice them into approximately 1 inch size cubes.
- Evenly place the potatoes into 3 large pieces of aluminum foil large enough to fold over and to be able to roll up edges.
- Stir together all the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle the seasoning mixture on top of the potatoes on the foil.
- Top each packet of potatoes with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Fold each foil packet close and seal tightly.
- Place the packets on the grill and close the grill.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, flipping the packets halfway through the cook time, until the potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Remove the heat, be careful when opening the foil packet and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe