Grilled Ranch Chicken Legs is a delicious grilled recipe that only requires 3 ingredients. Easy to make and the perfect for all your outdoor parties.
Ranch Chicken Legs Recipe:
This Ranch Chicken Drumsticks Recipe will soon be a family favorite. The chicken drumsticks are seasoned with an ranch dressing mix and grilled to perfection. My kids love chicken recipes and this easy, flavorful drumstick recipe is their favorite.
There are many ways to season and cook chicken drumsticks. We love to grill them because of how flavorful they get on the grill and the crispy texture. Chicken Legs are the perfect BBQ or outdoor party recipe.
Add your favorite side dish to complete this meal. This Ranch Chicken Legs are perfect weeknight meal or to feed a crowd. Everyone will love how convenient they are to eat.
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Olive Oil
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
How to Make Ranch Chicken Drumsticks:
- Step 1 – Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Step 3 – Place the drumsticks in a large bowl, pour the oil on top and sprinkle the ranch dressing mix dry rub over the drumsticks.
- Step 4 – Toss to make sure that the drumsticks are thoroughly coated in the olive and the seasoning mixture.
- Step 5 – Place the drumsticks on direct heat and grill for 25-30 minutes flipping every 10-15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Then remove the drumsticks from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes and then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy! We recommend placing on a paper towel to rest before serving.
How to Grill Chicken Legs:
Grilling Chicken Legs is easy to grill and they turn out perfectly with these tips. We recommend preheating the gas grill to a high heat. Oil the grates on the grill as this prevents the chicken legs from sticking. You can also grill these on a charcoal grill.
After seasoning the chicken legs, place them directly over the heat and grill. We recommend keeping the lid on the grill closed as much as possible. Flip the chicken legs every 10 minutes to ensure that all sides are cooked.
We do recommend cooking the drumsticks to a high temperature so that the chicken is not bloody by the bone. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees before removing from the grill.
How to Bake Ranch Chicken Drumsticks:
If you prefer, you can also make these in the oven. These drumsticks will still be delicious and have so much flavor and crispy skin. If it is to cold outside, this is my preferred method.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place drumsticks on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Make sure to still flip every 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches for 190 degrees F.
How Long to Grill Chicken Drumsticks:
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. We recommend cooking chicken for about 30 minutes. We also flip the chicken every 10 minutes to make sure all sides are cooked.
While the chicken is cooking make sure to keep the grill lid close. This keeps the heat in and allows the chicken to cook thoroughly. The meat just falls off the bone.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 190 degrees. A meat thermometer makes sure that your chicken is thoroughly cooked and reaches 190 degrees.
What to Serve with Grilled Ranch Chicken Drumsticks:
When we grill out, we like to make sides that we can easily cook on the grill. We love making foil pack vegetables and they pair perfectly with these chicken legs.
- Grilled Green Beans – If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish that you can put on the grill, make Grilled Green Beans in Foil. This side dish takes only a few ingredients, wrap in foil and toss on the grill.
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe – If you are looking for an easy side dish, Grilled Asparagus in Foil is our go-to recipe. We love Asparagus but cooking it on the grill has become our favorite of way eating it.
- Campfire Potatoes Recipe – We love this campfire potatoes recipe. They are easy to make and we can load them up with a variety of ingredients.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Why this Drumstick Recipe works:
- Fast and Easy Dinner Idea – If I am short on time this is an easy dinner idea. They are full of flavor and everyone loves them. Add your favorite sides and your meal is complete.
- Budget Friendly – Chicken Drumsticks are inexpensive and can easily be found at our local grocery store.
- Crispy Skin – We love that the seasoning dry rub is easy seasoning and can easily be changed.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Ranch Chicken Legs:
Grilled Ranch Chicken Legs
- 2 lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place the drumsticks in a large bowl, pour the oil on top and sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the drumsticks. Toss to make sure that the drumsticks are thoroughly coated in the olive and the seasoning mixture.
- Place the drumsticks on direct heat and grill for 25-30 minutes flipping every 10-15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F.
- Then remove the drumsticks from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes and then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe