This Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning Recipe is very easy to make. Simple ingredients are needed to make this seasoning.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
We love going to Texas Roadhouse for the steaks. When we are celebrating a birthday or a special occasion, Texas Roadhouse is where we go.
Since I have a large family, I had to figure out why there steaks were so good. This way I can make them at home. Their steaks are always full of flavor and taste amazing.
The Texas Roadhouse seasoning recipe was so easy to make and had simple pantry ingredients. The best part is that I had all the ingredients to make the seasoning and now my kids want me to make them steak instead of going out.
Table of Contents
When to Put Dry Rub on a Steak:
You can apply the Texas Roadhouse steak rub at two different times. It all depends on what works for you and your family.
- Apply about 45 minutes before grilling – About 45 minutes from when you are about to grilling your steaks, apply the steak seasoning on the steak. The seasoning absorbs into the steak making it very tender and flavorful.
- Marinate overnight – Apply the dry seasoning the night before you are grilling the steaks and place them in the refrigerator. Your steak may seem dry in the morning, but it did not lose much moisture.
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Best Cuts of Steak for Grilling:
The next time you want to grill a juicy steaks, make sure you are selecting the right one. No matter the cuts of meat you choose, they always come out delicious. These are the ones we recommend:
- Top Sirloin
- Filet Mignon
- New York Strip Steak
- Ribeye Steak
- Porterhouse Steak
- T-Bones Steak
Step by Step Instructions:
- Place all the ingredients in a zip lock bag. I love using freshly ground medium size pepper.
- Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly combine all the ingredients together.
- Generously rub the seasoning blend onto your steak of choice.
- Let the perfect steak sit with the seasoning on it for at least 40 minutes and then grill and enjoy!
How to Use Texas Roadhouse Rub:
Texas Roadhouse Seasoning can be used on other food items. Try the seasoning on these options the next time you grill out:
- Grilled Chicken
- Sprinkle on your roasted vegetables
- Sprinkle on a Salad
- Add some to your favorite french fries
How to Grill Steaks:
- Quality Meat – Make sure when you plan to grill that you buy good quality steaks.
- Prepare your Grill – Heat your grill up. Make sure that when you are putting your steaks on the grill that is extremely hot.
- Cook Fast – When we are grilling, my husbands just stays out by the grill. You will cook your steak for about 4 minutes and then flip and grill for another 4 minutes.
- Let Steak Rest – It is very important to let your steak rest after grilling. We usually let it rest for about 5-6 minutes after the steaks come off the grill. This locks in the juice so your steak is nice and juicy.
The Right Temperature for Steaks:
- Rare – 120F, cool to warm red center
- for Medium Rare – 130F, Warm red center
- Medium – 140F, Hot pink center
- Medium Well – 150F, Mostly brown center
- Well Done – 160F, full brown in color
How to Store:
Keep any leftover seasoning mixture in a airtight container, empty spice jar or bag to easily fit seasoning. This recipe is enough steak seasoning for 2-3 steaks depending on the size of your steaks.
Try these Steak Recipes
More Homemade Seasonings
We love hearing from you. If you make this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub, leave us a comment or a star review.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Seasoning
- Place all the ingredients in a zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly combine all the ingredients together.
- Generously rub the seasoning mixture onto your steak of choice.
- Let the steak sit with the seasoning on it for at least 30 minutes and then grill and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe