Grilled Salmon Tacos are flavorful and easy to grill. Topped with a tasty Avocado Salsa and then wrapped in a warmed tortilla, these Grilled Salmon Tacos are always a hit.
Grilled Salmon Tacos Recipe:
We love cooking salmon on the grill, in our air fryer and even pan fried. It is a flavor fish and we love the many health benefits that salmon offers.
We also love making Tacos. So combining two of my favorite made sense and my family loved them. The salmon cooks perfectly on the grill. It doesn’t take long and the salmon comes out flaky and flavorful.
We love to top our Grilled Salmon Tacos with an Avocado Salsa. It is refreshing and light and taste amazing combine with the seasoning on the salmon. Grilled Salmon Tacos are a crowd pleaser and they are even eye pleasing.
How do you Make Salmon Fish Tacos?
When we make tacos we love to add our favorite toppings. This healthy, fast and easy salmon taco recipe is no exception. We love adding a little crunch to bottom of the tortilla with some cabbage. If you have never added cabbage to your tacos, you are missing out.
Then we add the chopped cooked salmon then topped with an easy avocado salsa. This salsa is made with fresh ingredients that really pulls all the layers together to make an amazing Salmon Taco.
For the Marinade:
- Salmon Fillets (approximately 6 oz each)
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Lime Juice
For the Salsa:
- Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- Roma Tomatoes, diced
- Red Onion, chopped
- Avocados, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
For the Tacos:
- Flour Tortillas (6 inch)
- Red Cabbage, shredded
- Cojita Cheese
How to Make Grilled Salmon Tacos:
- Prepare the Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Season Salmon – Drizzle the olive oil onto the salmon filets. Combine the other marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Rub this seasoning mixture onto the salmon filets.
- Cook Salmon and then cut – Place the seasoned salmon filets on the grill. Then cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the salmon is cooked through. Remove the salmon from the grill and flake the salmon into large pieces.
- Prepare Avocado Salsa – While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salsa. Gently stir all the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Assemble Tacos – Then it’s time to assemble the tacos. Warm the tortillas by either heating them in the microwave or grilling them for 2-3 minutes until they are heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy – Place the red cabbage on the taco shell. Then top with the salmon, salsa and cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!
Grilled Salmon Taco Tips:
- Seasoning the Salmon – Salmon doesn’t need a lot of seasoning. When adding the seasoning, season both side of the salmon with your hands.
- Skin on Salmon – If your Salmon has the skin on it, place this directly on the griddle. Then flip the salmon and cook the other side. It only takes about 5 minutes on each side.
- Cook thoroughly – Make sure your salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees before removing from the griddle.
- Flip Salmon Once – Make sure to only flip the salmon once.
What is the best Tortilla’s to Use?
When we make these tacos we love to use corn tortillas or soft flour tortillas. My favorite thing to do is heat them on the grill to give it that charred taste to them.
But you can easily use crunchy taco shells or any type of tortillas that fit into your diet.
How to Make Avocado Salsa:
We love making this Avocado Salsa. It is not only perfect on these Grilled Salmon tacos but you can use it over many different meats. We even use it as a dip. It is so light and refreshing that it what makes these Grilled Salmon Tacos so tasty.
Add the following ingredients in a bowl and combine:
These ingredients can be changed to what you have on hand. We have even added in some chopped jalapeno’s for some extra spice.
Other Ways to use Grilled Salmon:
Salmon is a delicious dinner option. Not only does it taste amazing but it cooks very quickly. You can have this on the table in literally minutes.
When we grill out Salmon we like to give our kids different ways to eat it. Here are some of our favorite:
- Low Carb Option – You can make Grilled Salmon Bowls with Cauliflower Rice. The salmon and the avocado salsa makes a healthy low carb choice.
- Serve over Rice – After cooking the salmon serve over rice. The combination of the salmon and the avocado salsa is tasty over white rice or brown rice. This is my favorite way to eat salmon.
- Top a Salad – We love to add salmon to our salad. The seasoning that we put on this salmon combined with the avocado salsa is perfect on a sald.
Can I change the Salmon Seasoning:
The seasoning that we use in this recipe is simple and usually what we have on hand. You can change the seasoning to what you have. Try using onion powder, chile powder or adding in garlic powder to enhance the flavor.
How to Store:
These tacos are best served fresh, but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Salmon Tacos:
Grilled Salmon Tacos
For the Marinade:
- 4 Salmon Filets approximately 6 oz each
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 lime juiced
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup Pineapple Tidbits drained
- 2 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 2 Avocados diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Tacos:
- 8 Flour Tortillas 6 inch
- 1 cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup Cojita Cheese
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the salmon filets. Combine the other marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Rub this seasoning mixture onto the salmon filets.
- Place the seasoned salmon filets on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the salmon is cooked through. Remove the salmon from the grill and flake the salmon into large pieces.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salsa by gently stirring all the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Then it’s time to assemble the tacos. Warm the tortillas by either heating them in the microwave or grilling them for 2-3 minutes until they are heated through.
- Place the red cabbage on the tortillas. Then top with the salmon, salsa and cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Taco Recipes:
- Taco Rice Bowl Recipe
- Easy Wonton Taco Cups Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- The Best Taco Crescent Ring Recipe