Blackstone Cheese Quesadillas is a delicious way to make a classic recipe. These griddled quesadillas are easy to make with simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
The Best Blackstone Cheese Quesadillas Recipe:
We love making Blackstone Griddle Recipes because of the large flat top griddle. Blackstone Griddle Quesadillas are one of our favorites. We have made Blackstone Chicken Quesadillas and steak quesadillas for an easy weeknight meal.
We love making cheese quesadillas as it requires simple ingredients and they still taste amazing. The shredded cheese melts perfectly over medium heat.
If you do not have cooked chicken breast, then make this cheese quesadillas. Add your favorite cheese for amazing flavor and the perfect weeknight meal. This is a favorite Blackstone Recipes.
What is the Best Tortilla to Use for Quesadillas?
When we make quesadillas we like to use the burrito size tortilla. There are many option that will meet many different dietary restrictions. Feel free to use what you prefer.
You can even use smaller tortillas or corn tortillas if you prefer.
- Vegetable Oil
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
How to Make Cheese Quesadillas on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread the vegetable oil onto the grill.
- Step 2 – Add Tortillas – Place the tortillas on the grill.
- Step 3 – Top with Cheese – Then evenly divide the cheese or sprinkle it onto one half of each tortilla. Then fold the tortilla in half (into a moon shape).
- Step 4 – Cook Quesadilla – Cook until one side of the tortilla is golden brown (1-2 minutes). Flip and then cook until the other side is golden brown as well (1-2 minutes). Watch them closely as they will brown quickly.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board. Slice them and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
What temperature should a Griddle be for Quesadillas?
We recommend heating the griddle to about 400 degrees. Once you have heated the griddle, make sure to oil it with a high smoke point oil. This prevents the quesadilla from sticking.
How do you know when Quesadilla is done cooking?
Cooking quesadilla on the Blackstone does not take long, so you will need to watch it closely. You will notice the the melted cheese is holding the tortilla together. Which is a good indication that the quesadilla is done cooking.
The tortilla will be golden brown after a few minutes so make sure you remove promptly from the griddle. After cooking the quesadilla cut into wedges.
Cheese Quesadillas Topping Ideas:
When serving these cheese quesadillas they are even better with one of these toppings. These toppings can also be used as dipping sauces.
- Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Green Onion
- Hot Sauce
Variations Ideas for Cheese Quesadillas:
- Oil – You can use any oil in this recipe with a high smoke point. Vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil and avocado oil all work great on a Blackstone Grill.
- Add Meat – You can easily add meat to these cheese quesadillas. Add in bacon, beef, or cooked chicken thighs. We love to make Blackstone chicken quesadilla recipe.
- Seasoning – You can add in taco seasoning or garlic powder to the quesadilla for flavor.
- Cheese – Feel free to change the cheese to what you prefer. A delicious variation is adding in pepper jack cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Other Variations – Add in chopped cilantro, bell peppers, or refried beans.
- Prepare Griddle – Prepare the griddle by preheating and adding oil. It is important to preheat and oil the griddle so that the quesadilla doesn’t stick. It helps makes cleanup a breeze.
- Cooking the Quesadilla – Cook the quesadilla on both sides. This allows for the tortilla to get crispy on both sides. Before cooking fold tortilla in a half moon shape.
- Serving – These cheese quesadillas are best served warm. But you can easily reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
What is the Best Cheese for Quesadillas?
There are many different types of cheese that are great for quesadillas. These are our favorites. When using shredded cheese, we recommend shredding your own.
Pre-shredded cheese has added ingredients that may cause the cheese not to melt as well.
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Can I Make on Stovetop?
Yes, you can make cheese quesadillas on your stovetop. We like using a cast iron skillet, but you can use any type of skillet.
Heat the skillet to medium heat and spray pan with oil. Place tortilla on skillet and top with cheese. Use spatulas to flip the tortilla so that it cooks both sides.
Once cooked, cut the tortilla in bite size pieces for everyone to enjoy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. These quesadillas are best served immediately, but can be reheated for leftovers.
Recommend Blackstone Tools you Need:
Print Recipe for Blackstone Cheese Quesadillas:
Blackstone Cheese Quesadilla
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread the vegetable oil onto the grill.
- Place the tortillas on the grill.
- Then evenly divide the cheese or sprinkle it onto one half of each tortilla. Then fold the tortilla in half (into a moon shape).
- Cook until one side of the tortilla is golden brown (1-2 minutes). Flip and then cook until the other side is golden brown as well (1-2 minutes). Watch them closely as they will brown quickly.
- Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board. Slice them and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe