Blackstone Ground Chicken Fried Rice is a loaded with flavor. The ground chicken cooks perfectly on the griddle. Easy ingredients makes the best weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Ground Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
Ground Chicken Fried Rice is one of our favorite meals to make on the Blackstone. The rice gets crispy, the ground chicken cooks perfectly and the veggies are cook tender to make the best fried rice.
My kids love take-out fried rice, but now that we have a Blackstone I have been making it at home. It saves time and money and it taste better than their favorite Chinese take-out restaurant.
This hearty meal is easily cooked on the Blackstone but you can also make it on the skillet. Add your favorite vegetables and seasoning to make it your own.
What is Fried Rice?
Fried rice is a staple menu item at your favorite Chinese Take out restaurant. It is a combination of leftover rice, a protein, vegetable and simple seasoning. You can easily cook it in a skillet, on the Blackstone or in a Wok.
Make chicken fried rice with chicken, shrimp, or pork. We like to add in a scramble egg for more flavor. Fried rice can be served as a main dish or a side to your favorite soup.
Fried rice is budget friendly and easy to make. It is a filling, hearty recipe.
- Ground Chicken
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Frozen Peas and Diced Carrots, blend
- Eggs, (lightly beaten)
- Cooked Rice
- Soy Sauce
- Green Onions, (sliced)
How to Make Ground Chicken Fried on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Prepare Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Oil Griddle – Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Step 3 – Cook Chicken – Place the ground chicken on the grill on top of the vegetable oil and sauté. Make sure to break it up as it cooks. Cook until the chicken is cooked through (4-6 minutes). Push the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Step 4 – Cook Vegetables – Then add in the peas and carrots mix. Sauté the vegetables for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Step 5 – Add Eggs – Move the vegetables to the cooler side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Step 6 – Scramble Eggs – Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
- Step 7 – Add in Cooked Rice and Seasoning – Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Step 8 – Heat Rice – Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Step 9 – Mix everything together – Then mix together the chicken, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Step 10 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! I love topping the chicken fried rice with sliced green onions before serving.
How to Make on Stove Top:
Cooking Ground Chicken Chicken Fried Rice is easy to do on the stove top. This is the way I always make it when it is to cold to cook outside and is always a family favorite.
Fried Rice is my go-to meal when I have leftover rice and meat. My family doesn’t know that they are eating leftovers. I am saving money by making another meal out of our leftovers.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until chicken is browned. You can also use leftover chicken.
- Add in vegetables and cook until veggies are tender.
- Push vegetables and chicken to the other side of pan, and add in scrambled eggs.
- Cook eggs and then mix with the chicken and vegetables.
- Stir in cooked rice and seasoning.
- Allow for all the ingredients to heat thoroughly and then serve.
Do you Cook Rice before Frying it?
I find that it’s best to use leftover rice or 1 day old rice for this recipe. Make sure that the rice is cold as it’s easier to sauté on the grill when it’s cold.
Here are some easy recipes to make White Rice or Brown Rice.
- Top with Green Onions – I love topping the chicken fried rice with sliced green onions before serving.
- Work Fast – The Blackstone grill is hotter than a traditional skillet, so work fast to avoid the griddle from burning.
- Pre Cooked Rice is Best – This fried rice recipe is best to made with cold rice. I usually use leftover rice and it’s makes the best fried rice.
- Ground Chicken – While cooking the ground chicken, make sure to break up into smaller pieces.
Blackstone Tools you Need:
Recipe Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Rice – You can use brown rice, cauliflower rice or jasmine rice instead.
- Use Different Vegetables – You can add in mushrooms, snow peas, broccoli, bell peppers and water chestnuts. Fresh vegetables are also a good addition if you do not want to use frozen.
- Add in Nuts – Add in chopped peanuts or cashews for some crunch. We also like adding in toasted sesame seeds.
- Seasoning – Feel free to use other seasoning. If you have fish sauce, this would be a good addition to this recipe. Fresh ginger is also a good option to add in.
- Remove the chicken – You can also eat this fried rice without any chicken. It will taste amazing.
- Soy Sauce Substitution – You can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
- Change the Chicken – Use leftover cooked shredded chicken breast, shrimp, or pork. We use this recipe with any of our leftover meats.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love to store in individual containers for a quick lunch the next day.
How to Reheat:
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice reheats easily in the microwave. When storing, I like to put leftovers in an easy microwave safe dish to quickly reheat.
Heat in 30 second intervals and then stir. This makes sure that there are no hot spots in the rice. Once heated, serve and enjoy.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Ground Chicken Fried Rice:
Blackstone Ground Chicken Fried Rice
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium low heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around. Place the ground chicken on the grill on top of the vegetable oil and sauté (breaking it up as it cooks) until the chicken is cooked through (4-6 minutes). Push the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Then add in the peas and carrots mix. Sauté the vegetables for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Move the vegetables to the cooler side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
- Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Then mix together the chicken, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe