Blackstone Salmon Sandwich is a delicious way to enjoy cooked salmon fillets. This sandwich recipe is perfect make for your next summertime meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Blackstone Salmon Sandwich Recipe:
We love making Blackstone Recipes on the flat top grill. We make vegetables, burgers and Blackstone Chicken Recipes. But this Blackstone Salmon Recipe is one of our favorites.
Cooking salmon on the griddle cooks perfectly on medium heat. Then topped on a bun that has been toasted on the griddle. Spread the buns with tarter sauce and serve with your favorite side dish.
Cook your salmon on the griddle or in a cast iron skillet for an easy indoor recipe. The ingredients are simple and this quick and easy recipe is perfect any day of the week.
How do you Cook Salmon on the Blackstone Griddle
This Salmon Sandwich recipes starts by cooking your fresh salmon on the griddle. Cooking Salmon on the griddle is so easy to do with simple steps. We recommend using a Thermometer Gun to make sure our griddle reaches a temperature of 400 degrees.
Make sure your salmon doesn’t have any pin bones. Remove any if you find them. Season your salmon with the simple seasoning for the best flavor. Spray with avocado oil and place on the griddle.
Cook each side for about 4 – 6 minutes. Once cooked thoroughly, squeeze with fresh lemon and serve. Make sure to not keep flipping to ensure the best salmon coating.
- Atlantic Salmon Filets (skinned removed)
- Avocado Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Brioche Buns
- Butter (softened)
- Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Tartar Sauce
How to Make Salmon Sandwich on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat your Blackstone Griddle over medium high heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Combine Salmon Seasoning – Stir together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Season Salmon – Season both skin sides of the salmon filets with this seasoning mixture.
- Step 4 – Add Oil to Griddle – Once the griddle grill has reached 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle the avocado oil onto the grill.
- Step 5 – Add Salmon to Griddle – Place the thinly sliced piece of salmon filets on the griddle.
- Step 6 – Cook Salmon – Cook for 4-6 minutes. Then flip the fish and cook for 4-6 more minutes until the salmon reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 7 – Top with Lemon Juice – Remove the salmon from the griddle to a separate plate. Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the salmon filets.
- Step 8 – Butter Buns – Butter the brioche buns and place them on the grill for 1-2 minutes to brown them slightly.
- Step 9 – Spread buns with Tartar Sauce – Spread the tartar sauce onto one side of the butter. Top with a butter lettuce leaf and a salmon filet.
- Step 10 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Blackstone Salmon Sandwich?
We like to keep our side dishes simple with serving this recipe. You can easily serve with a side of chips or make your favorite sides on the griddle.
- Low Carb Option – Make your sandwich with a low carb bun or serve the salmon on top of a salads.
- Blackstone Asparagus – The Asparagus comes out perfectly cooked with an extra crunch and full of flavor. It is easy to make with simple staple ingredients. The perfect vegetable to make along side your steak.
- Pasta Salad – Make an easy pasta salad to serve with this quick and easy sandwich. We have even made a side of jasmine rice for a delicious side.
How do you know when Salmon is cooked:
Cooking salmon on the griddle doesn’t take long. With a hot griddle that has been oiled properly, you will cook the shrimp for about 4 minutes on each side. We recommend testing the salmon with an instant read meat thermometer.
This allows you to check to see if the salmon is cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees when salmon is cooked.
- Cooking Oil – You can use any oil with a high smoke point instead of the avocado oil. Coconut oil, vegetable oil or canola oil would all work great in this recipe. You can even use olive oil.
- Cooking Salmon – You will cook with the salmon skin off.
- Prepared Blackstone – Make sure the griddle is heated to medium high heat and oiled before placing the salmon on the griddle.
- Flipping Salmon – We recommend not moving the fish while it is cooking. You want that pretty coating on the fish, so don’t move it until you are ready to flip. You do not need to pan sear salmon before placing on griddle.
- Topping Sandwich – Feel free to top your salmon with many different toppings. You can add a slice of tomato, bacon and red onions.
- Cook thoroughly – Make sure your salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees before removing from the griddle.
- Grilled Salmon Sandwiches – You can even make this sandwich with grilled salmon or baked salmon.
Can I Cook on the Stovetop?
If you do not have a Blackstone, or prefer to cook indoors you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Prepare the salmon as indicated by seasoning it. We recommend cooking the salmon in a hot cast iron skillet or hot pan.
The salmon cooks and taste similar to being cooked on the Blackstone. Make sure to only flip once to allow salmon to cook evenly.
Add to a toasted bun with your favorite cheese and toppings for a delicious meal idea.
How to Store Leftovers and Reheat:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Salmon is great leftover and can be served cold. If you prefer to have it warm, we recommend reheating in the air fryer.
If you try to microwave it, it will not turn out as good.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Salmon Sandwich:
Blackstone Salmon Sandwich
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle over medium high heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of the salmon filets with this seasoning mixture.
- Once the griddle grill has reached 400 degrees Fahrenheit, drizzle the avocado oil onto the grill.
- Place the salmon filets on the griddle.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes. Then flip the fish and cook for 4-6 more minutes until the salmon reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the salmon from the griddle to a separate plate. Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the salmon filets.
- Butter the brioche buns and place them on the grill for 1-2 minutes to brown them slightly.
- Spread the tartar sauce onto one side of the butter. Top with a butter lettuce leaf and a salmon filet.
- Then the sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe