This Blackstone Santa Fe Chicken Recipe is a delicious meal idea. This easy recipe cooks on the griddle for the perfect weeknight dinner idea.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Blackstone Santa Fe Chicken Recipe:
The Blackstone Griddle makes this Santa Fe Chicken Recipe so easy to make. All the ingredients are cooked and made directly on the large flat surface.
Blackstone Tex Mex Chicken can easily be served with many different sides. We love to serve over white rice but you can also shred and served over a green salad.
This meal is loaded with chicken, cheese, beans, and seasoning. This makes a dinner everyone will love. This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy a dinner at home with simple ingredients.
What is Santa Fe Chicken?
Santa Fe Chicken is a chicken breast that is loaded with flavor. It is a chicken dinner that is a one pot meal. Cooked chicken is cooked and then topped with cheese, corn, black beans and seasoning.
Serve this over white rice recipe, lime cauliflower rice, and more. We have even shredded it and used it to make tacos, nachos, and burritos.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (filleted into 6 pieces)
- Vegetable Oil
- Can Corn (12 ounces – drained)
- Black Beans (14 ounces rinsed and drained)
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
How to Make Blackstone Santa Fe Chicken:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Spread Oil – Put the vegetable oil or olive oil on the griddle. Then use your spatula to spread it around.
- Step 3 – Add Chicken – Then place the filleted chicken breasts on the griddle. Then season them with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Cook Chicken – Allow them to cook for 4-6 minutes until browned. Flip the chicken, cook for 5-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 5 – Add Corn and Beans – After you flip the chicken, add the corn and black beans onto the grill. Cook them next to the chicken. Sauté for a few minutes to heat them through. Pour the salsa on top and toss to coat the corn and beans with the salsa.
- Step 6 – Spoon on Chicken – Spoon the corn and bean mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
- Step 7 – Top with Cheese – Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on top of the chicken.
- Step 8 – Continue Cooking – Close the lid on the grill and allow for the chicken to melt.
- Step 9 – Serve – Carefully remove the chicken from the grill. Then it’s ready to serve and enjoy. In less than 30 minutes this recipe is cooked and ready to serve.
Santa Fe Chicken on the Blackstone Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Chicken – Before cooking the chicken we recommend slicing chicken into thin slices.
- Prepare Griddle – Make sure to heat the griddle and oil the flat surface to ensure the ingredients do not stick. This helps it to cook thoroughly.
- Cooking Chicken – Cook chicken on both sides. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Combine Ingredients – The good thing about this recipe is everything can be cooked on the griddle. Top with seasoning, corn, and black beans on the chicken. Then top with shredded cheese to melt everything.
- Cheese – We recommend shredded your own cheese instead of using pre-shredded cheese to top the chicken. It helps to evenly melt on the chicken and taste better.
- Grilled Chicken – If you prefer, you can use grilled chicken to make this recipe. Place the chicken on the griddle and add the toppings.
- Change Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Cheese – Feel free to use different types of cheeses for this recipe. We have used cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack Cheeses, and mozzarella cheese.
- Vegetables – You can easily change the toppings for this monterey chicken. You place onions, tomatoes, or chopped bacon if you prefer. We have even topped with sliced mushrooms and black olives for delicious flavor.
- Oven – If you prefer you can make this chicken in the oven. Bake the thinly slice chicken in a baking dish. Add the topping and cheese and place back in the preheated oven.
- Foil Pack Chicken – This recipe is great even on the grill. Place all the ingredients in sheets of foil for delicious flavor.
- Toppings – Feel free to add your favorite toppings when serving this Santa Fe Chicken. We love to top with sour cream, guacamole, and more.
- Diced Tomatoes – You can easily make this dish topped with salsa but diced tomatoes work great too.
- Seasoning – Change the seasoning on this recipe. We love the flavor of the taco seasoning. But you can easily add in cayenne pepper, chili powder, green chilies, or fresh lime juice.
- Beans – Feel free to change the beans to what you prefer. You can use pinto beans or chili beans.
What to Serve with Santa Fe Chicken?
When we make this Blackstone recipe, we like to make our side dishes on the griddle as well. These are some of our favorites that are easy to make.
- White Rice– This is our favorite side dish with this chicken. The delicious sauce is so good spooned over the rice. I freeze rice and it is such a time saver during busy weeks. You can easily heat this cooked white rice on the griddle.
- Blackstone Mexican Street Corn – Blackstone Mexican Street Corn is a delicious side dish to serve with many different meats. Start with frozen corn and simple seasoning for a easy recipe.
- Blackstone Mexican Fried Rice – Spice up your regular fried rice and make this Mexican Fried Rice. It is loaded with flavor and easy to make.
How do you know when Chicken is Cooked:
We recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked thorough. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees when chicken is cooked.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Santa Fe Chicken:
Santa Fe Chicken Blackstone
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Put the vegetable oil on the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Then place the filleted chicken breasts on the griddle and season them with the taco seasoning.
- Allow them to cook for 4-6 minutes until browned. Flip the chicken, cook for 5-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- After you flip the chicken, add the corn and blackens onto the grill next to the chicken. Sauté for a few minutes to heat them through. Pour the salsa on top and toss to coat the corn and beans with the salsa.
- Spoon the corn and bean mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on top of the chicken.
- Close the lid on the grill and allow for the chicken to melt.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the grill. Then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Chicken Recipes:
- Blackstone Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Blackstone Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Teriyaki Blackstone Chicken Recipe