Grilled Salmon Sandwich is easy to make and seasoned perfectly. Make on the grill or in the oven for a delicious weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Salmon Sandwich Recipe:
Fresh Salmon is a tasty healthy meal idea and can be used in many different ways. We have made salmon salad, salmon burgers and salmon tacos. Salmon cooks perfect on the grill and is loaded with flavor.
If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal make this Grilled Salmon Sandwich. It taste amazing and can be topped with many different things. This simple and flavorful fish is one of my seafoods to grill.
Add your favorite side dish to complete this meal. Make it on the grill or in the oven for a delicious, healthy meal idea.
Why We Love this Grilled Salmon Recipe:
- Quick and Easy – This salmon takes less than 15 minutes on the grill. Which makes it the perfect meal to serve on a busy night.
- Simple Ingredients – You can use what seasoning you prefer, but salmon does not need anything fancy to make it taste amazing.
- Salmon Sandwich Toppings – We love that we can top this sandwich with many different toppings. My kids love it as they can make their sandwich their own way.
- Salmon Fillets skinned removed
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Brioche Buns
- Butter softened
- Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Tartar Sauce
How to Make Salmon Sandwich on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat your grill over medium high heat.
- Step 2 – Stir Seasoning – Stir together the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Add in paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Step 3 – Prepare Salmon – Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Then rub the olive oil mixture onto both sides of the salmon filets.
- Step 4 – Place on Grill – Place the pieces of salmon filets on the grill.
- Step 5 – Grill Salmon – Cook for 3 minutes. Then flip the fish and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Cook until the Atlantic salmon reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 6 – Remove from Grill – Remove the salmon from the grill to a separate plate. Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the salmon filets.
- Step 7 – Toast Buns – Butter the brioche buns and place them on the grill for 1-2 minutes to brown them slightly.
- Step 8 – Spread Sauce – Spread the tartar sauce onto one side of the bun. Top with a butter lettuce leaf and a salmon filet.
- Step 9 – Serve – Then the sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Salmon:
Grilling salmon does not take long, that is why it would be a quick and easy dinner idea. Depending on your grill and the size of your salmon, it will take about 3 minutes on each side.
Make sure to use an an instant read meat thermometer to know when the salmon is cooked through.
- Prepare Grill – Prepare the grill by preheating it and you may need to oil the grates. This helps the texture of the salmon to be crispy and the insides tender.
- Salmon – Before seasoning the skinless salmon, make sure to pat dry. This helps for the olive oil mixture to stick to the salmon and gives it the best flavor.
- Grilling Salmon – Grill salmon for about 3 minutes on each side. This ensures that the shrimp is cook thoroughly.
- Buns – Feel free to use different types of buns to make this sandwich recipes. You can use hamburger buns, fresh baked buns or low carb buns.
- Fish Sandwiches Toppings – Feel free to add your favorite toppings to this sandwich. Slice red onion, tomato, arugula, avocado or slice cucumbers are always the perfect toppings.
- Salmon Sauce Toppings – Feel free to butter the buns with aioli sauce, Dijon Mustard, Dill sauce or mayonnaise.
What to Serve with Grilled Salmon Sandwich?
Grilled salmon sandwich can be served with many different veggies or side dishes. If we are grilling this tasty sandwich, I like to make my side dishes on the grill.
These are some of my favorites.
- Asparagus – Grilled Asparagus cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor. This is an amazing, healthy side dish that is tossed with easy ingredients.
- Grilled Zucchini – Quick and easy Grilled Zucchini makes the perfect side dish. Add the easy seasoning to give this zucchini so much flavor.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – Cooking potatoes on the grill is budget friendly and so tasty. Add your favorite herbs or spices for a delicious side dish.
How to Bake Salmon for a Sandwich:
If you prefer you can bake your salmon on the grill. Grab the items your need from the grocery store and season it according to the recipe card.
Place in a baking dish, then place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees. Bake the salmon for about 17 minutes for a delicious, flaky salmon.
Then build your salmon sandwich with your favorite toppings. We love to add fresh dill for added flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
More Easy Salmon Recipes:
Print Recipe for Grilled Salmon Sandwich:
Grilled Salmon Sandwich
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat.
- Stir together the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel and then rub the olive oil mixture onto both sides of the salmon filets.
- Place the salmon filets on the grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Then flip the fish and cook for 3-4 more minutes until the salmon reaches an internal temperature for 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the salmon from the grill to a separate plate. Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the salmon filets.
- Butter the brioche buns and place them on the grill for 1-2 minutes to brown them slightly.
- Spread the tartar sauce onto one side of the bun. Top with a butter lettuce leaf and a salmon filet.
- Then the sandwiches are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe