If you love bacon as much as my family, then you are going to need to learn How to Cook Bacon on the Grill. This method is easy and simple to make.
How to Grill Bacon:
If you are one to fry bacon every weekend for breakfast in a frying pan, then you are going to love this new way to cook bacon. The bacon cooks up crispy, delicious and perfect to top your favorite burger or a side to your eggs.
Grilling bacon keeps the bacon smell out of your kitchen and keeps it clean from all the bacon splatter. Cooking bacon takes a matter of minutes on a hot grill. These steps are so easy that you will wish you would have done this sooner.
These tips for grilling bacon will help with delicious, perfectly grilled bacon.
Grill Temperature for Cooking Bacon:
We recommend you grill to turn your grill to medium high heat which is about 400 degrees. Oil the grates and place the bacon on the indirect heat.
Then once turn the grill to medium and flip the bacon over. Cook until your bacon is crispy.
Turning up the heat too high will cause flare ups with the bacon grease so make sure to keep the grill on low when cooking.
- Thick Cut Bacon
How to Cook Bacon on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Prepare grill with oil – Preheat one side of the grill over medium high heat and brush the grill grates over the burners that are not on with oil. You can also cook it on a charcoal grill.
- Step 2 – Lay the bacon on the grill – Place the bacon slices over indirect heat (on the side of the grill with the burners off) across the grates. Then turn those burners on to medium low.
- Step 3 – Cook Bacon – Cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the bacon and cook for 3-4 more minutes until the bacon is cooked to the crispiness that you prefer. Remove from the grill, serve warm and enjoy. Place on a aluminum foil or paper towel lined plate or baking sheet when finished cooking.
How long to Grill Bacon on the Grill:
Cooking bacon on the grill cooks in less time then cooking on your stovetop in a cast iron skillet. It will all depend on how crispy your want the bacon.
If you like your bacon crispier then cook it longer over medium heat. We like to make sure the bacon cooks on indirect heat because of how greasy the bacon is.
If you prefer a chewier bacon, you may leave the bacon on the grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Cooking time will vary based on your grill.
What is the Best kind of Bacon to Grill?
We recommend any flavor of a thick cut bacon. If you use a regular bacon it may stick to the grill because it is to thin.
How to Serve Grilled Bacon:
We love making bacon to serve as sides to many of our breakfast recipes and even burger recipes. Here are some of our favorites.
- Blackstone Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are fluffy, delicious pancakes that are full of flavor. Swirls of cinnamon and sugar takes your classic pancakes to the next level.
- Blackstone Fried Eggs – Fried Eggs on the Blackstone is very easy breakfast to make. The eggs come out perfectly cooked with crispy edges and the inside cooked amazing.
- Bacon Cheeseburger – Blackstone Bacon Cheeseburger is staple recipe in the summertime. But we do find ourselves using our griddle year round. Burgers are always easy to make and crowd favorite.
- Blackstone BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger – The burger is loaded with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and drizzled with barbecue sauce. Topping your grilled bacon on this delicious cheeseburger takes it up a notch.
What is the best oil to use?
Use an oil with a high smoke point to grease the grill grates. Coconut oil, vegetable oil, canola oil and avocado oil all work great.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Why we love Grilling Bacon:
- Easy Cleanup – No need to dirty up your stove with grease, you can easily cook it on the grill.
- No Smell – Keep the smell outdoors by grilling your bacon on your gas grill.
- Make a Large Serving – We love grilling bacon because I can cook a lot of bacon at one time for my family. I can easily cook 1 to 2 pounds of bacon in a matter of minutes.
Print Recipe here for How to Grill Bacon:
How to Grill Bacon
- 12 slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Preheat one side of the grill over medium high heat and brush the grill grates over the burners that are not on with oil.
- Place the bacon strips over indirect heat (on the side of the grill with the burners off) across the grates. Then turn those burners on to medium low.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the bacon and cook for 3-4 more minutes until the bacon is cooked to the crispiness that you prefer. Remove from the grill, serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe