Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe is the perfect lunch or dinner meal. Heat up the grill and make juicy Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. This is our favorite Summer time meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
The Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
This is the The Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe. The chicken is grilled perfectly and comes out juicy and flavorful every time. If you are looking for an easy, grilled chicken sandwich this is the one.
Marinated chicken breasts is the key to getting the chicken tender and juicy. The marinade is easy to make with pantry ingredients. After grilling the chicken, it is then topped with tomato, lettuce, and onions.
We love to make this grilled chicken breast sandwich for lunch or dinner. It is a family favorite and a great meal to prepare when you are feeding a crowd.
What to put on Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
There are many things that you can put on your Grilled Chicken Sandwich. We usually keep it very simple but having slice tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and red onions.
You can also spread honey mustard, BBQ Sauce and even sriracha sauce. The marinade complements this spreads perfectly.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich is also get with a slice of cheese. Add a slice of pepper jack cheese, provolone or American cheese. We like to serve on a brioche bun or toasted buns. You can also serve it without a bun.
For the Chicken:
- Small Chicken Breasts, (boneless and skinless)
- Vegetable Oil – You can also use Olive Oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
For the Sandwiches:
- Tomato Slices
- Red Onions
- Dressing of Choice (mayonnaise, mustard or honey mustard)
How to Make Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
- Marinate Chicken – Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Add in the chicken, toss well to coat the chicken. Marinade the chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat Gas Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Grill Chicken – Place the chicken directly on the grill grates and grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let Chicken Rest – Move the chicken to a separate plate to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Make your Sandwich – Then it’s time to assemble the sandwiches. Spread your dressing of choice on one side of the hamburger buns. Then top it with lettuce, tomatoes and the red onion. Top with chicken and then sandwich is ready to serve.
How do I keep the Grilled Chicken Moist?
When you are preparing your chicken to put in the marinade, pierce the chicken with a fork. Piercing the chicken with a fork all over helps the marinade to seep in. This allows the chicken to be juicy and full of flavor.
We recommend marinating the chicken for at last 30 minutes or overnight.
How do I know when Chicken is done?
To ensure that you chicken is done it’s best to use an internal read meat thermometer. This kitchen utensil make sure that the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature.
When you are finish cooking your chicken, it best to use a meat thermometer. Slice your chicken to check for doneness will release the juices to early. Which may cause your chicken to be dry.
What is the best Condiment for Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
Serving condiments with this is grilled chicken is my kids favorite. We love to serve it with a side of ranch or honey mustard. Honey Mustard is a must for dipping. Its a twist on mustard with a side of sweetness.
It is great for eating with grilled chicken or fried chicken.
What goes good with a Chicken Sandwich?
There are many different sides that you can serve along your Grilled Chicken Sandwich. These are some of our favorite:
- Grilled Asparagus – Grilled Asparagus is a great option. When we are grilling out, we love to try and grill out our sides for easy cleanup.
- Grilled French Fries – Grilled Chicken Sandwich and French Fries is the perfect combination. Add a side of ranch and your meal is complete.
- Corn on the Cob – We love to grill corn on the cob. It come out so juicy and our favorite part is the smoky flavor the grill gives it,
How do you keep Chicken from Sticking to the Grill?
When you are preparing to grill, rub the grill grates with olive oil. Seasoning the chicken also helps the chicken to not stick to the grill.
Make sure your grill stays at a temperature of 425 degrees. If the grill gets to hot then the chicken will stick. Grill each side of the chicken breast for about 4 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Tips:
- Pounding the Meat – When we grill chicken, we like to make sure that each chicken breast is the same size and thickness. This ensure that that the chicken gets done at the same time. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken thin.
- Marinate Chicken – To make sure that your chicken is not bland, marinate your chicken for at least 30 minutes. You can even marinate it overnight. Marinating your chicken adds so much flavor.
- Bake Chicken – If you do not want to grill your chicken, you can bake it. Use your broiler for the last 5 minutes to get that crispy topping.
How to Store:
You can store the leftover chicken in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. It’s best to store the chicken separately instead of storing the assembled sandwiches.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich makes the perfect lunch the next day. Store the chicken breast in individual container. Place your condiments and your bun in a zip lock bag. It makes easy to heat up and saves time and money.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Add in the chicken, toss well to coat the chicken. Marinade the chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grates and grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a separate plate to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Then it’s time to assemble the sandwiches. Spread your dressing of choice on one side of the hamburger buns. Then top it with lettuce, tomatoes and the red onion. Top with chicken and then sandwich is ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe