Blackstone Sausage and Peppers is an easy and flavorful meal with simple ingredients. Hearty and delicious, sausage and peppers makes a perfect weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Sausage and Peppers Recipe:
We love creating meals to cook on our Blackstone Griddle. This Sausage and Peppers recipe is something that I made one evening with leftover peppers and onions that I needed to use. I added in some sausage to make it a complete meal.
The seasoning that we used are easy, pantry staple ingredients. This meal is simple enough that you can cook any night of the week. It takes just a few minutes for the vegetables to cook and the sausage to get crispy on the outside. You may even like these Grilled Peppers and Onions.
This meal is our go-to meal when I know we have a busy evening with activities. I know that I can quickly cook this on the griddle and everyone is satisfied. This saves time and money by eating at home.
How do you Sauté Peppers and Onions on a Griddle:
Sauteing peppers and onions on the griddle is quick and easy. We start by preparing the vegetables but washing and slicing to the desire thickness. Once the griddle is hot and oil, place the vegetables on the griddle.
Seasoning the vegetables with your desired seasoning. We used italian seasoning in this recipe, but you can use what you prefer. Sauté the peppers and onions for about 3 minutes until all coated with the seasoning.
Place the dome over the vegetables and sausage and cook for about 5 more minutes. Continue stirring until desired tenderness and making sure that the ingredients do not burn.
- Sausage Links
- Red Bell Peppers
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
How to Cook Sausage and Peppers on Blackstone:
- Prepare Blackstone Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat. We recommend using a thermometer to get the heat at approximately 400 degrees.
- Slice Sausage and Vegetables – Slice sausage into 1 inch pieces and slice the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Add Oil to Grill – Add the oil to the grill and use a spatula to spread the oil out onto the grill.
- Add the Ingredients to Grill – Place the sausage, bell peppers, and onions and mushrooms on the Blackstone grill on to the oil.
- Stir in Seasoning – Season with the minced garlic Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Sauté Ingredient – Toss all the ingredients to coat them in the seasonings.
- Cook the Peppers and Sausage – Sauté the ingredients on the Blackstone grill for approximately 3-5 minutes turning regularly to add color to the sausage.
- Cover with Dome – Then cover the grill with a dome to steam the vegetables. This will take about 5 minutes. Lift to stir halfway through the cook time to prevent them from burning.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill and serve immediately while warm as is or over rice. Enjoy!
Blackstone Griddle Sausage and Peppers Tips:
- Oil Options – Use any oil with a high smoke point. Vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil or avocado oil will all work great in this recipe.
- Change the Sausage – You can also easily make this recipe with Italian Sausage, turkey or chicken sausage as well.
- Cook on the Stove – If you don’t have a Blackstone, you can easily make this in your cast iron skillet.
We love that this recipe can be made in many different ways. You can omit the Italian seasoning and use a cajun seasoning or taco seasoning. We recommend using what you have and experiment with different seasoning.
You can also use different types of peppers or other vegetables. Green bell peppers is a good option or slice zucchini would be delicious addition to this recipe.
How to Clean and Slice Mushrooms:
Most of my family loves when I added mushrooms to this vegetable mix. Here are some helpful tips on cleaning and slice mushrooms for this recipe.
To prepare your mushrooms, make sure that you do not soak them in water. You want to gently wipe them down to clean off any dirt. If mushrooms retain to much water the can become mushy.
- Slicing Whole Mushrooms – We recommend before slicing large mushrooms to wipe them down with a damp paper towel. You can wash them with water, but make sure you dry them before slicing.
- Sliced Mushrooms – If you are cooking with sliced mushrooms, you can rinse them a colander but do not let them soak. Let the mushrooms dry on a paper towel.
Serving Suggestions for Sausage and Peppers:
These sausage and peppers are the perfect meal just served by themselves. If you are following a low carb diet, then I would serve as is.
- Pasta – Toss this mixture with some penne pasta or spaghetti. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and add a green salad.
- Rice – Make some white rice and serve with peppers and sausage.
- Breakfast – Looking to change up your breakfast, make some eggs or an omelet and mix this in.
Recommend Blackstone Tools:
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love to make this recipe when we are meal prepping for the week. It stores perfectly in the refrigerator and reheats well.
I usually prepare containers with sausage, peppers and rice. This makes for a healthy, easy lunches for the week.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Sausage and Peppers:
Blackstone Sausage and Peppers
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Slice sausage into 1 inch pieces and slice the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Add the oil to the grill and use a spatula to spread the oil out onto the grill.
- Place the sausage, bell peppers, and onions and mushrooms on the Blackstone grill on to the oil.
- Season with the minced garlic Italian Seasoning and salt.
- Toss all the ingredients to coat them in the seasonings.
- Sauté the ingredients on the Blackstone grill for approximately 3-5 minutes turning regularly to add color to the sausage.
- Then cover the grill with a dome to steam the vegetables. This will take about 5 minutes. Lift to stir halfway through the cook time to prevent them from burning.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately while warm as is or over rice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
- Best Blackstone Chicken Breast Recipe
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger Recipe
- Blackstone Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
- Tortellini and Sausage on Blackstone
- How to Saute Mushrooms and Onions on Blackstone
- Blackstone Green Beans Recipe