Blackstone Kielbasa and Sauerkraut is a delicious combination of kielbasa and sauerkraut. All cooked on the griddle for the perfect weeknight meal.
Blackstone Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe:
If you are looking for a simple and delicious meal to prepare on the Blackstone, make this Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe. The combination of the easy seasoning makes this the perfect weeknight meal.
We love grilling out hot dogs and bratwurst but decided to change things up and make this delicious recipe. The kielbasa and sauerkraut cook perfectly on the griddle and adding the mustard, brown sugar combination gives it so much flavor.
You can get Kielbasa in the meat market or packaged with the other sausages at your local grocery store. Add your favorite sides for a quick and easy weeknight meal or for your next BBQ.
- Kielbasa Sausages (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- Onion (chopped)
- Sauerkraut (1 can)
- Brown Mustard
- Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
How to Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat a Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Add oil to griddle – Spread the olive oil out onto the grill with a spatula.
- Step 3 – Add Sausage – Place the sausage out onto 1 side of the grill. Gently stir in the chopped onions into the polish kielbasa.
- Step 4 – Browning the Sausage and Onions – Sauté the sausage with the onions until browned (approximately 3-5 minutes per side).
- Step 5 – Cook the Sauerkraut and Seasoning – Spread the sauerkraut onto the grill next to the sausage. Season the sauerkraut with the mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and sauté for a few minutes until warmed.
- Step 6 – Mix in the Sausage – Stir in the sausage and onions.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the mixture from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy.
Can I Make on Stovetop?
If you do not have a Blackstone, you can easily make this on the Stovetop. You can use a griddle or a cast iron skillet.
Make sure to oil the skillet with oil or butter and begin cooking the Kielbasa. Then add in the sauerkraut with the seasoning and cook mixture together. Combining these ingredients take just a few minute to cook.
Another option is to cook this recipe in the slow cooker. Place the crock pot on low and cook for about 2 to 3 hours. Make sure the kielbasa is fully cooked and the sauerkraut is warmed.
Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe Tips:
- Kielbasa – Prepare the kielbasa by cutting in about the same size pieces. This allows the kielbasa to cook about the same time.
- Blackstone – Make sure to preheat the Blackstone and oil before adding the Kielbasa. This allows the ingredient to not to stick.
- Sauerkraut – Add the sauerkraut and the seasoning towards the end of cooking time. This allows for the mixture to warm and then it is perfect for serving.
- Oil – You can use any oil with a high smoke point. Avocado oil, coconut oil, canola oil and vegetable oil all are great options.
- Kielbasa Substitute – If you are unable to find fully cooked kielbasa you can still use bratwurst in this recipe. Smoked sausage would also be a great substitute.
- Onion – When cooking this recipe, we like to use chopped fresh onion. But you can use onion powder if you prefer.
- Mustard – Feel free to change the mustard to what you prefer. You can even use Dijon Mustard as a great substitute to brown mustard.
- Vegetables – Additional vegetables can be added to this recipe. Feel free to add in bell peppers or chopped zucchini for a complete meal idea.
- Top Mixture – You can top the mixture with caraway seeds if you prefer for more flavor. Add in chopped granny smith apples for a tasty option.
- Sauerkraut Substitute – If you prefer to use something other than sauerkraut substitute with coleslaw mix. You can usually find a mixture in the produce section.
What to Serve with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut:
When we cook on the Blackstone, we like to make our sides which makes for an easy clean up. Here are some that go great with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut.
- Green Beans – Make a classic recipe on the Blackstone. These fresh green beans cook up delicious and so tender. They pair perfectly with the Kielbasa and Sauerkraut.
- Blackstone Hibachi Vegetables – These Hibachi Vegetables are quick and easy when cooked on the Blackstone. They come out perfectly tender and so flavorful.
- Blackstone Cauliflower – Blackstone Griddle Cauliflower Recipe is a delicious way to cook this family favorite vegetable. Cooking cauliflower on the Blackstone gives it a crispy texture while keeping it soft and tender.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Reheat:
Feel free to reheat an individual portion in the microwave. Start by reheating in 30 second intervals until everything is warm.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Kielbasa and Sauerkraut:
Blackstone Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 13 ounces Kielbasa Sausages diced into 1 inch pieces
- ½ Onion chopped
- 14.5 ounces Sauerkraut 1 can
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat a Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Spread the oil out onto the grill with a spatula.
- Place the sausage out onto 1 side of the grill. Gently stir in the chopped onions into the sausage.
- Sauté the sausage with the onions until browned (approximately 3-5 minutes per side).
- Spread the sauerkraut onto the grill next to the sausage. Season the sauerkraut with the mustard, brown sugar, pepper and salt. Toss to combine and sauté for a few minutes until warmed.
- Stir in the sausage and onions.
- Remove the mixture from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Sausage Recipes:
- Blackstone Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Polish Sausage on Blackstone Griddle
- How to Cook Breakfast Sausage on Griddle