This Blackstone Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is delicious and easy to make. Homemade teriyaki sauce combined with chicken and veggies makes the perfect weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This dish is great cooking on the griddle, but you can even make it on the stove top or in a wok. We love that this recipe can be made in a variety of ways. This Blackstone recipe is quick and easy and perfect for a healthy family meal idea.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This Blackstone Chicken Teriyaki Recipe is always a family favorite. The simple ingredients makes this the perfect weeknight meal. We love making the teriyaki sauce from scratch but you can also use store bought teriyaki sauce.
Griddle Recipes save me so much time and money. The food always cooks perfectly with a ton of flavor.
For the Chicken and Vegetables:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts diced into 1 inch pieces
- Avocado Oil (divided)
- Medium Onion (sliced)
- Broccoli Florets (cut into small pieces)
- Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
- Sesame Seeds
- Stalks Green Onions diced
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Vegetables – Feel free to use different types of vegetables to make this recipe. Add in peas, zucchini, yellow onion, and chopped carrots. The options are endless and a great way to use up leftover veggies.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can easily substitute with skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders. They all cook perfectly on the flat top grill.
- Seasoning – Feel free to use fresh ginger instead of ground ginger. You can even add in sesame oil to the teriyaki sauce for added flavor. We have even added crushed red pepper for a kick of spice.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat. Heat until grill is approximately 400 degrees. Spread the 1 tablespoon avocado oil onto the grill and use a spatula to spread it around.
Step 2 – Step 2 – Cook Chicken – Place the chicken on the grill on top of the oil. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is almost cooked through.
Step 3 – Move Chicken –Move the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
Step 4 – Step 4 – Cook Onions – Add the remaining avocado oil to the grill. Add the onions to the grill and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
Step 5 – Add Vegetables – Add in the diced broccoli and sliced bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the veggies are tender but still crisp. Stir the chicken into the sauté vegetables.
Step 6 – Whisk Sauce Ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour this on top of the chicken and vegetables on the Blackstone. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies with the sauce mixture until it thickens the sauce.
- Step 7 – Cook Chicken – Cook the chicken for 2-3 more minutes. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove, let sit for 5 minutes. Then serve over rice topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. Enjoy!
- Check Chicken – We use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature.
- Chicken and Vegetables – We recommend cutting the chicken and vegetables about the same size. This make sure they cook evenly and tender.
- Prepare Griddle – Make sure to oil and heat the griddle before adding ingredients. This helps to cook the chicken and vegetables thoroughly and prevents them from sticking to the griddle.
- Adding Teriyaki Sauce – When adding the sauce to the chicken and vegetables make sure to coat completely.
- Prepare Sauce – We like to prepare our teriyaki sauce ahead of time as the longer it marinates the better it taste.
- Soy Sauce – For best results, we recommend using low sodium soy sauce. You can also substitute for tamari for a gluten free option.
Can I Make on the Stove Top?
Yes, Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry can easily be made in a skillet on the stove top. We usually use a cast iron skillet or a wok for the best results.
Place the chicken in a hot skillet and continue cooking until fully cook. Then add in vegetables to cook tender and mix with sauce.
We make this recipe a lot indoors too. As it is so easy and a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry?
When we make Teriyaki Chicken stir fry on the Blackstone Griddle, we also make our sides on the griddle. It makes for an easy meal idea and clean up is a breeze.
These are some of our favorite sides but feel free to use what you prefer.
- Blackstone Fried Rice – We love fried rice and cooking it on the Blackstone Griddle has taken it to the next level. Add flavor and crispy texture to your cooked white rice by cooking on the griddle. This is the best rice recipe and even better cooking on the griddle.
- More Stir Fry Side Dishes – What to serve with stir fry is a dilemma you won’t have to worry about. This list offers the best options to mix, match, and compliment your favorite stir fry dishes with. So here’s 25 of the most savory side dishes to serve with stir fry.
- Blackstone Hibachi Noodles – Instead of serving your chicken and vegetables serve it over noodles. It is simple, delicious and easy to make. These lo mein noodles are seasoned with soy sauce, butter and garlic, brown sugar to give them so much flavor.
- Cauliflower Rice – This cauliflower rice recipe is delicious and easy. It is a great substitute for regular rice. We love that it is a low carb option that makes for a delicious side dish.
How to Freeze Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
This teriyaki chicken stir fry can easily be stored in the freezer. Make sure the combination of chicken and vegetables cool completely before storing.
Place in a freeze safe container and store for up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve again, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat in the microwave or skillet for a delicious meal.
We like to freeze we have a large amount leftover. It makes for a delicious meal even if it leftovers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate the leftover chicken teriyaki stir fry Blackstone Recipe in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This recipe makes for the perfect way to meal prep with. It stores well in the fridge and makes for a delicious lunch for the week.
In this recipe we recommend using fresh vegetables. If using frozen vegetables whether on the griddle or stovetop can turn a bit soggy.
More Easy Teriyaki Recipes
- Blackstone Teriyaki Shrimp Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- Blackstone Teriyaki Vegetables Recipe
If you make this teriyaki chicken stir fry recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Blackstone Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
For the Chicken and Vegetables:
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Stalks Green Onions diced
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread the 1 tablespoon avocado oil onto the grill and use a spatula to spread it around.
- Place the chicken on the grill on top of the oil. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Move the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Add the remaining avocado oil to the grill. Add the onions to the grill and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
- Add in the diced broccoli and sliced bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the veggies are tender but still crisp. Stir the chicken into the sauté vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour this on top of the chicken and vegetables on the Blackstone. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies with the sauce mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until the chicken is browned and cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove, let sit for 5 minutes. Then serve over rice topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe