Make Blackstone Queso for an easy, cheesy side dish. This queso combines 3 easy ingredients and cooks perfect on the griddle.
Easy Blackstone Queso Recipe:
This Blackstone Cheese Dip is restaurant quality Velveeta queso that cooks easily in a cast iron skillet on the griddle. You only need 3 simple ingredients to create a delicious, cheesy, creamy queso that everyone will love.
Cook the ground beef in the skillet and then drain any grease. Add in the Rotel and cubed Velveeta Cheese for an amazing cheese dip. This queso is perfect for a crowd or for a weeknight appetizer.
If you are making Chicken or Steak Fajitas on the griddle tonight, cook up some queso for a crowd pleasing dip. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies or crackers for an easy side dish.
Can you Make Queso on the Griddle?
Yes, you can make queso on the griddle. As long as your have a cast iron skillet, then you favorite queso can be made. Once you make this delicious queso on the griddle, it will be your go-to recipe.
What is the Queso Dip Made of?
Rotel Queso dip originated from chili con queso recipe. But we like to make it with Velveeta and Rotel as it melts smooth and creamy. We like to add meat to this cheesy dip, but you can also leave it out.
Rotel is the perfect blend of tomatoes and spices. Salsa is a great substitute if you don’t have any Rotel.
To make this delicious Blackstone Queso, you will need the right tools.
- Blackstone Spatula Tools
- Thermometer gun
- Check out all the The Best Tools for Blackstone Griddle
Make sure you also have a Cast Iron Skillet and a Meat Chopper for the best results.
- Velveeta Cheese
- Rotel (10 oz can)
- Ground Beef
How to Make Queso Dip on Blackstone:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill and Cast Iron Skillet – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Add a cast iron pan to the grill to preheat it as well.
- Step 2 – Brown the Ground Beef – Brown the ground beef in the cast iron pan over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Step 3 – Mix in Rotel and Cheese – Add in the Rotel and diced Velveeta cheese.
- Step 4 – Stir and Heat – Stir and heat over medium heat until melted and fully combined. You can close the lid on the Blackstone grill to help melt it evenly.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Once melted and combined, serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies. Enjoy!
How to Make Queso Dip on Stovetop:
If you do not have a Blackstone Queso, you can still make this Queso Dip on the Stove top. Follow the recipe as it indicates and melt the ingredients in a cast iron skillet on the stove top.
Feel free to keep the skillet on warm and stir occasionally when serving. This will keep the queso warm while serving.
How to Serve Blackstone Queso Dip:
Queso dip can be served while the skillet is still on the griddle. But you can also place it on a stove top or pour the queso in a slow cooker. These option will keep the dip warm and creamy.
Make sure to serve with one of our favorite dipping items:
- Tortilla Chips
- Raw Vegetables
- Soft Pretzels
- Toasted Pita Bread
- Top on your fajitas, tacos or burritos
- Serving – You can keep the dip on the Blackstone grill on low heat to keep warm while serving at a party or while camping.
- Velveeta Cheese – Before adding the cheese to ground beef, we recommend dicing the cheese. This help it to melt faster and evenly.
- Cooking Ground Beef – After cooking the ground beef, drain any grease off. The queso taste better without the added grease.
- Thin Out Cheese – If you cheese dip is to thick, you can slowly add in milk. Adding milk helps to thin out the cheese dip consistency. The longer the cheese dip sets on warm in the cast iron skillet the thicker it will be.
Queso Substitutions and Additions:
- Spicy Rotel – If you want the queso dip spicier, use two cans of Rotel. Rotel comes in medium and hot with green chiles, so I usually use one can of hot and one can mild.
- Sausage – Instead of ground beef use sausage. They have Hot Sausage that sometimes I will mix with the ground beef. If you like your food spicy, I would definitely add in some spicy sausage.
- Salsa – If you don’t have any canned rotel, mix the cheese and meat with a jar of salsa.
- Processed Cheese – We love the way Velveeta melts creamy, but if you prefer you can make this dip with a block of cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- White Velveeta Queso – Velveeta has a white cheese option that works great with this recipe.
- Creamy Texture – For a creamier texture, you can add in heavy cream. We like to add milk when we are reheating, but you can add it while cooking it.
- Pico de Gallo – This queso would be great with added in fresh tomato Pico de Gallo.
- Chopped Bacon – Make a Bacon Queso by adding in some chopped cooked bacon.
- Taco Seasoning – For added flavor add in taco seasoning while cooking the ground beef.
- Add Vegetables – You can cook some onions and garlic with the ground beef to give the dip more flavor.
- Slice Jalapeno’s – We like to add in some slice jalapeno’s before serving.
Can you Make Queso Dip in Advance?
Yes, you can but recommend serving immediately. If you prefer to make it the night before, place the dip in an air tight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, place in the slow cooker or reheat in a microwave safe bowl.
You may need to add a little milk if it seems to thick.
How to Store Leftovers:
These delicious Rotel Dip is best served fresh, but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The cheese will thicken as it sits. Add in a small amount of milk or water when reheating to thin the cheese.
Easy Blackstone Queso Dip:
This is the perfect dip to make while grilling out. We love to have an appetizer out while we are catching up with family and preparing our meal on the Blackstone. This is also the perfect dip for your game day parties.
This is the perfect snack and it is even good leftover. Add your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, or vegetable and enjoy a dip for your next movie night. It would also be perfect while you are hanging out by the pool.
This 3 ingredient queso can be made in a variety of ways.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Queso:
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can Rotel 10 oz can
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Add a cast iron pan to the grill to preheat it as well.
- Brown the ground beef in the cast iron pan over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the Rotel and diced Velveeta cheese.
- Stir and heat over medium heat until melted and fully combined. You can close the lid on the Blackstone grill to help melt it evenly.
- Once melted and combined, serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Blackstone Recipes:
- Blackstone Hibachi Steak and Shrimp Recipe
- Blackstone Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin on the Blackstone