If you like grilling Hot Dogs, then you need to make Blackstone Hot Dogs. The Blackstone cooks the hot dogs to perfection and gives them so much flavor.
The Best Blackstone Hot Dogs:
Grilling Hot Dogs on the Blackstone is a quick and easy dinner idea. I have a large family but my kids always have their friends over. So when I need to feed a crowd, hot dogs always saves the day.
Cooking the Hot Dogs on the Griddle is so easy because of the large cooking surface. The hot dogs always come out charred to perfection but not to burnt. My kids prefer them not to be to burnt.
Add your favorite sides and your meal is complete. Hot dogs are always a crowd pleaser and budget friendly. Oh you will also love Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs.
Tools you Need:
- Hot Dogs
- Hot Dog Buns
- Garlic Salt
How to Cook Hot Dogs on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Blackstone Grill – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F.).
- Oil Griddle – Spread the a thin layer of the oil over a portion of the Blackstone grill.
- Heat the Buns – Place the buns on a non oiled portion of the grill to warm them through.
- Add Hot Dogs to Griddle – Place the hot dogs directly on the grill on the oiled portion. Season them with half of the salt salt and pepper.
- Cook Hot Dogs and Season – Cook the hot dogs for approximately 1 minute. Then turn them over and season them with the remaining garlic salt and pepper.
- Continue Cooking Hot Dogs – Continue to cook the hot dogs for approximately 4-5 minutes (flipping ever 30-45 seconds) until the hot dogs are cooked to your preference.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the hot dogs and buns from the grill. Serve them with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Griddle Hot Dog Tips:
- Use a good Oil – I usually use avocado oil, coconut oil or canola oil on the Blackstone grill as they have a high smoke point.
- Meat Thermometer – Using a meat thermometer on the hot dog makes sure that they are heated to 140 degrees. It takes about 5 minutes to cook a hot dog on the griddle.
- Hot Dog Buns – Heat Hot Dog buns on the non oil side of the griddle. This allows the buns to have a nice crunchy texture and warms them up.
- Heat Griddle – Make sure your griddle is at the right temperature before grilling hot dogs. It doesn’t take a lot of heat to cook hot dogs but you don’t want it to hot that you burn them.
- Flip Frequently – Because hot dogs don’t take long to cook, stay close to griddle and flip hot dogs frequently.
- Thaw Hot Dogs – We do not recommend placing frozen or cold hot dogs on the grill. We like to set the hot dogs out a few minutes prior to grilling them.
- Wrap Hot Dogs in Bacon – If you want a twist to your hot dogs, wrap them in bacon.
Hot Dog Topping Ideas:
From homemade ketchup to homemade hot dog relish, don’t skimp on the toppings. Our family loves a variety of condiments on their hot dogs and it is the perfect addition to perfectly grilled hot dogs.
And of course you have to have the best hot dog chili recipe and it is super easy.
- Homemade Ketchup
- Homemade Relish
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Mexican Cheese Dip
What to Serve with Hot Dogs:
- Coleslaw – Coleslaw is the perfect side to any of your grilling recipes. It is easy to make and a refreshing side.
- French Fries – Make some Grilled French Fries.
- Best Sides for Hot Dogs – Check out The Best Sides for Hot Dogs for more ideas.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover hot dogs in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Hot Dogs:
Blackstone Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Spread the a thin layer of the oil over a portion of the Blackstone grill.
- Place the buns on a non oiled portion of the grill to warm them through.
- Place the hot dogs directly on the grill on the oiled portion. Season them with half of the salt salt and pepper. Cook the hot dogs for approximately 1 minute. Then turn them over and season them with the remaining garlic salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook the hot dogs for approximately 4-5 minutes (flipping ever 30-45 seconds) until the hot dogs are cooked to your preference.
- Remove the hot dogs and buns from the grill.
- Serve them with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe