Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice is full of crispy rice pieces, diced chicken, and tons of flavor. Skip takeout and make chicken fried rice on the griddle.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice is so easy to make on the Blackstone. The flavor of the ingredients combined make this one of our favorite meals to make. The rice comes out crispy with ends and mixed together with the diced chicken.
Chinese takeout is one of our kids favorite meals to get. But now I can make them their favorite recipe right at home. It taste better and it is healthier making it at home.
If you have leftover rice then make this easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe on your Blackstone. I love this recipe as we can change the ingredients to what we have on hand. This recipe saves me time and money.
What is Fried Rice?
Fried Rice is a dish of cooked rice that is cooked in a Wok, Frying Pan or a Griddle. It is mixed with chopped carrots and peas, scrambled egg, and either shrimp, chicken, or pork.
It can be served as a main dish or served as a side dish. Chicken Fried Rice is a family favorite. We love making this with our leftover rice and chicken or other types of meats.
Can you Fry Chicken on a Blackstone Grill?
Yes, you can fry chicken on the Blackstone. When we grill out chicken, we usually use skinless boneless chicken breast. We also like grilled out chicken thighs.
Keeping the chicken from getting dry and tough is important when grilling chicken. Cooking chicken is one of the easiest and fastest meat you can cook on the grill.
In about 15 minutes you can serve with your favorite sides and your meal is complete. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that your chicken cooked thoroughly.
Do you Cook Rice before Frying it?
Yes, you will need to use cook rice on your Blackstone Griddle. This is the perfect recipe to use leftover rice.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- Cooked rice cooled
- Soy Sauce
- Frozen Peas and Diced Carrots blend
- Eggs light beaten
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepared Blackstone Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium low heat. Use a temperature gun to make sure the heat is approximately 350 degrees F.
- Oil the Griddle – Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around.
- Cook Diced Chicken – Place the diced chicken on the grill on top of the vegetable oil and sauté (tossing occasionally) until the chicken is cooked through (4-6 minutes). Push the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Add Vegetables to the Griddle – Then add in the peas and carrots mix. Sauté the vegetables for for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Cook Eggs – Move the vegetables to the cooler side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Cook Eggs and Vegetables together – Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
Cooking chicken fried rice on a flat top
- Add the Rice – Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Continue to Heat ingredients together – Sauté the rice and mix on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- Mix Ingredients together – This mix together the chicken, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy. Dinner is enjoyed within about 30 minutes.
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice Tips:
- Top with Green Onions – I love topping the chicken fried rice with sliced green onions before serving.
- Work Fast – The Blackstone grill is hotter than a traditional skillet, so work fast to avoid the griddle from burning.
- Use Different Oil – You can easily use avocado oil, canola oil or coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil in this recipe.
- Pre Cooked Rice is Best – This fried rice recipe is best to made with cold rice. I usually use leftover rice and it’s makes the best fried rice.
- Change the Protein – You can change the protein to salmon, shrimp, pork are all great option.
- Gluten Free – If you want to make this gluten free, use a gluten free soy sauce.
- Make Low carb – for a lower carb options, use cauliflower rice.
Tools you Need:
- Change the Rice – You can use brown rice, cauliflower rice or jasmine rice instead.
- Use Different Vegetables – You can add in mushrooms, snow peas, broccoli, bell peppers and water chestnuts.
- Add in Nuts – Add in chopped peanuts or cashews for some crunch. We also like adding in toasted sesame seeds.
- Remove the chicken – You can also eat this fried rice without any chicken. It will taste amazing.
- Soy Sauce Substitution – You can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
How to Reheat Chicken Fried Rice and Vegetables:
To reheat chicken fried rice and vegetables place in a microwave safe dish and reheat. I usually heat in 1 minute intervals until thoroughly heated.
You can also reheat on the griddle for a few minutes.
Budget Friendly Chicken Fried Rice:
White Rice is such an inexpensive ingredient and really goes a long way. If you are adding chicken to this recipe, it really helps with adding more vegetables to this rice to feed a crowd.
There is so much flavor in this meal and each bite is just amazing. Once you see how easy it is to make this at home, you will make it all the time.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Why is a Blackstone Griddle perfect for making Fried Rice?
If you have recently purchased a Blackstone Griddle, we recommend starting with this easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe. We think that the Blackstone Griddle is perfect for cooking fried rice because of the constant high heat and the large cooking flat top.
The Blackstone Griddle is perfect to feed a crowd or a large family. We have started to cook many things on it, and they food always comes out perfectly heated and full of flavor.
What to serve with Fried Rice
Print Recipe for Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice:
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium low heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
- Add the vegetable oil onto the griddle and use your spatula to spread it around. Place the diced chicken on the grill on top of the vegetable oil and sauté (tossing occasionally) until the chicken is cooked through (4-6 minutes). Push the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Then add in the peas and carrots mix. Sauté the vegetables for for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Move the vegetables to the cooler side of the griddle and then add the beaten eggs on the Blackstone griddle.
- Scramble the eggs on the griddle. Move the eggs to the cooler side of the griddle with the vegetables.
- Then pour the cooked rice onto the griddle and top it with the sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the rice on the griddle for 3-4 minutes until heated through and slightly browned.
- This mix together the chicken, veggies, eggs and rice.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe